cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account references old account

Highlighted

New account references old account

Explorer | Level 3

Email messages from Dropbox alerts are coming from an old Dropbox account. How do I stop this & ensure they are labelled with the new account heading?

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: New account references old account

Dropboxer

Hey @GG2020, I'd be more than happy to help!

Each Dropbox account is associated with one email address. This means that you currently can't have one email for two different Dropbox accounts.

For this reason, it sounds like your old account is connected to the email address that you're getting the notifications for. 

If you want to have your current email associated to the Dropbox account you're using, you can switch emails following these steps

If you want to simply stop receiving email notifications, you can turn them off from your online settings as outlined here

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Drop Box sender name in community reply references historical account

Explorer | Level 3

Following up from my previous enquiry about new account refrencing old account, I've received messages from Dropbox that are using the title of an old business account as the Dropbox sender name. Is this a coincidence or is my Dropbox account referencing the old one?

Highlighted

Re: Drop Box sender name in community reply references historical account

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to us, @GG2020. I've moved your second post under your original one to keep all your questions in one place. 

The sender name is usually the same as your Dropbox account's name. You can check out this out in your General tab online and, if you want, change it by following these steps

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

This hasn't solved the issue - the account name is correct under my account settings.Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 09.40.33.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-15 at 09.40.33.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-15 at 09.41.01.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-15 at 09.40.33.png

The interface I am using may also be different as I do not see an "Account" tab, although when I click on my avatar I can see the options to edit my name. I have done this but the emails are still conign through referencing a very old account - seeral YEARS old.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for your swift reply, @GG2020

I've followed up with a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile so as to have a better look on this.

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?