cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Access to Dropbox

No Access to Dropbox

ElenaMerk
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

When I try to open the dropbox page from my laptop, I get the error that this site can't be reached. I checked my connection and I can get access through my mobile phone with the same connection. I made multiple restarts. I checked my antivirus settings. Nothing seems to work. I also tried from multiple browsers. I still get the error in all of them! Iam now texting you from my mobile phone. Please help!!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ElenaMerk
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Found it! After a long search. There was blocked from the hosts file. I deleted it from there and now I am fine.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ElenaMerk
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I also tried from multiple browsers. I still get the error in all of them! Iam now texting you from my mobile phone.

ElenaMerk
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Found it! After a long search. There was blocked from the hosts file. I deleted it from there and now I am fine.

Akash17
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I’m having the same problem how do solve it with the host file? Can you give step by step instructions thank you !!

ElenaMerk
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Yes.
I have windows so you go to the search bar and cope paste this:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

You will find
the host file. Select it and open it with the notepad. Then when it's open search all the file (by pressing (ctrl+ F) and typing dropbox). If it exists there, it blocks you from accessing it so delete all links that contain it. I hope I was helpful.

Akash17
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Yeah I did this a little while ago and it worked thank you !
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Akash17 New member | Level 2
    ElenaMerk Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?