cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Access to Dropbox

No Access to Dropbox

ElenaMerk
Helpful | Level 6

When I try to open the dropbox page from my laptop, I get the error that this site can't be reached. I checked my connection and I can get access through my mobile phone with the same connection. I made multiple restarts. I checked my antivirus settings. Nothing seems to work. I also tried from multiple browsers. I still get the error in all of them! Iam now texting you from my mobile phone. Please help!!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: No Access to Dropbox

ElenaMerk
Helpful | Level 6
Found it! After a long search. There was blocked from the hosts file. I deleted it from there and now I am fine.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ElenaMerk
Helpful | Level 6
I also tried from multiple browsers. I still get the error in all of them! Iam now texting you from my mobile phone.

ElenaMerk
Helpful | Level 6
Found it! After a long search. There was blocked from the hosts file. I deleted it from there and now I am fine.

View solution in original post

Akash17
New member | Level 2
I’m having the same problem how do solve it with the host file? Can you give step by step instructions thank you !!

ElenaMerk
Helpful | Level 6
Yes.
I have windows so you go to the search bar and cope paste this:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

You will find
the host file. Select it and open it with the notepad. Then when it's open search all the file (by pressing (ctrl+ F) and typing dropbox). If it exists there, it blocks you from accessing it so delete all links that contain it. I hope I was helpful.

Akash17
New member | Level 2
Yeah I did this a little while ago and it worked thank you !
Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?