cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to registered email

No access to registered email

Sandy Simmons
New member | Level 2

No access to the registered email, as I made a typo in the registration process. Therefore, I cannot access the email at which they send the verification code to. So, of course I am simply locked out of the brand new account. In attempt to make a ticket, the auto generated email tells me to "sign in to get support." Not sure where to go from here.

5 Replies 5

Re: No access to registered email

Rich
Super User II

@Sandy Simmons wrote:

No access to the registered email, as I made a typo in the registration process.

Is the typo before or after the @ symbol in the address? If it's before the @ and you're able to, register a new email address with the same typo. Once you receive the code and are able to sign in to your account, you can update the email address.

If that's not an option, then it's unlikely that you'll be able to gain access to the account (see the link below). Since it's a new account, just register another Dropbox account using the correct email address.

Sandy Simmons
New member | Level 2

I did try this, but the email is already owned.

I hope my only option is not to simply say goodbye to the $160 payment I made, and cancel my credit card to avoid future payments, all because of a simple typo.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Sandy Simmons, thanks for posting today.

I understand your concern over this matter.

If there was a was a typo in the email, and the email has already been taken by the email provider, then it means that the upgrade was added to a specific account you cannot longer access. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to transfer this payment to another account, as it is associated with that account.

I'd recommend that you move any files from the Dropbox account, and then permanently delete it from the Dropbox account. Afterwards, unlink any devices you might have connected to the account.

Once done, contact the support team from another Dropbox account, or via an incognito window, to this address. Scroll down to 'Submit a help request', and provide an email address that you can access (not the incorrect email), and then as much info as possible.

Once you get a ticket ID from the automated response, please let me know the number here so I can locate it in our system!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Sandy Simmons
New member | Level 2

Thank you for this. I created a ticket using another dropbox account, and it seems like they are looking in to it for me. But no resolution yet.

Ticket #12261803: TEAMS: New Account access

Jay
Dropboxer
Thanks for the ticket ID, I've added your comments there and have prioritized it to expedite this matter on your behalf.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    Sandy Simmons New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?