cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No password reset email

No password reset email

ah30
Explorer | Level 3

I tried to reset an expired password, but I never received an email from dropbox to do it. Is there anyone to contact to have a change password email sent to me? Thank you kindly. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: No password reset email

Jay
Dropboxer

If you're receiving this message, then as it says, too many attempts were made.

For security reasons, I'd recommend waiting a full 24 hours before attempting to reset the password again on the Dropbox site.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @ah30, thanks for messaging today!

Could you try adding no-reply@dropbox.com to your contacts list and then reset your password again?

Also, make sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ah30
Explorer | Level 3
I had read that comment in previous message board comments and had added that email address to my contacts. I still have not received an email to change the password. I still get this message: Too many incorrect attempts. Please try again in a few minutes. When I click submit on the please change your password page. It has been hours since I tried it…and that is the same message I got the first time I clicked submit. Any ideas?

Jay
Dropboxer

If you're receiving this message, then as it says, too many attempts were made.

For security reasons, I'd recommend waiting a full 24 hours before attempting to reset the password again on the Dropbox site.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

ah30
Explorer | Level 3
This worked! I waited about 30 or so hours before trying again and it worked out perfectly. I guess when I tried to enter the expired password too many times it kicked me off. I waited for hours before trying it again but it only worked after waiting a full 24+ hours. Thank you so much for your help!

Jay
Dropboxer

I'm happy to hear you were able to reset the password, @ah30. This was a security measure to protect your account from multiple reset attempts.

Let me know if you require any further assistance in future. Enjoy the remainder of your week!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

ricktfchan
New member | Level 2
I have similar problem. I cannot receive password reset email through self service screen, no matter how I tried. I attempted to request for password reset email every few days (no too short time period issue), in vain.

So my account just like vanished. It is an happy experience.

Rick

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @ricktfchan, thanks for checking in with us. 

In this case, due to account-specific info that's needed to further investigate, you'll have to reach out to our team from here, without signing in, via an incognito window. 

If you'd like, you can let us know the ticket ID (eg. #1234567) so that we can pass your comments along. 

Keep us posted!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Himanshu1
New member | Level 2

Just i have tried to reset password of Himanshu [removed as per the Community's Guidelines] not receive email notification from dropbox please help to this.

butterflykisses
New member | Level 2

I tried to reset my password a few times. It returned the message "a password reset email has been sent to you". However, I can't find any email from dropbox anywhere. I really need to access my dropbox account. Can you please help me?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropboxer
    Sanne88 New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?