cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No support for dropbox

No support for dropbox

Eljade S.
New member | Level 1

I have just updated my account to Pro and the first problem i have i realise there is no way of contacting dropbox only the forum which doesn't help me! This is unacceptable.  IF SOMEONE FROM DROPBOX DOES NOT CONTACT ME ASAP I WILL CANCEL MY ACCOUNT!!!

13 Replies 13

Re: No support for dropbox

Mark W.
Collaborator | Level 9

I can't remember how - but there is a way to click around on their support pages and get to an email form.  They do normally reply in 24-48 hours.  But it's very well hidden and not good enough for a paid-for service.

I doubt they will read and action anything posted on this forum though - you are best looking for the contact options.

Richard P.
Super User alumni

You start at www.dropbox.com/support and follow the links related to your issue - most tracks result in an option to open a support ticket.

There is no phone support or direct email support for basic or pro accounts.

Simon W.
New member | Level 1

I am having the same trouble. My attempts to send a message via the Support Pages don't work. I set up my DropBox account when I was living in South Africa. Now that I am in Australia I am trying to update my account using an Australian credit card or PayPal account but this is not being accepted. I am trying to contact DropBox to sort this out, but can't. Very frustrating. 

Rich
Super User II

I set up my DropBox account when I was living in South Africa. Now that I am in Australia I am trying to update my account using an Australian credit card or PayPal account but this is not being accepted.

There's no way to change the billing country on an active subscription. You need to let your subscription lapse and then sign up again with your new payment method. Your files will be safe while this happens.

The following is a reply to a similar question from a Dropboxer:

Ashley scribbled:
Hi there! Unfortunately, it's not possible to change your billing country. If you'd like to change your billing country, you will need to allow your subscription to lapse, and then sign up for a new Pro subscription with your new billing information. I apologise for the inconvenience!

murray m.1
New member | Level 1

Have tried for over a week because dropbox turned off my shared links...all i get is canned response sending me here...worst support ever...gonna have to start showing what they have done all over facebook maybe they will respond then ...thank god for social media

Rich
Super User II

all i get is canned response sending me here

Is that an actual response from the Support staff, or just the help articles that the support system shows you? If the latter, just pick a different category, like Account, then select Get help with other issue. And make sure you use the same email address that's associated with your Dropbox account.

murray m.1
New member | Level 1

I did and still nothing have opened a new ticket every day

Robert S.
Experienced Collaborator | Level 11

I did and still nothing have opened a new ticket every day

And, that's the problem right there.

Every time a new ticket is opened it pushes you straight back to the end of the queue.

I'd suggest delete the superfluous tickets and exercise a little bit of patience.

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

murray m.1
New member | Level 1

Its been over a week since my first ticket how much patience does a customer need ...i work on a ticket system for a living and would never leave a customer down for over a week without any reason

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Robert S. Experienced Collaborator | Level 11
    Erik P.3 New member | Level 1
    murray m.1 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?