cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to access the increased space

Not able to access the increased space

g_d
Explorer | Level 4

Hi!

I have updated my Dropbox account. It shows that I can add data upto 1 TB. But when I am trying to add 75 GB files in the dropbox folder. It says that I don't have free space. Please help in this issue as early as possible.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Not able to access the increased space

Jane
Dropboxer
I appreciate it that you tried all my suggestions & thanks a lot for the time you devoted on the matter so far @g_d!

As we’ve already tried some initial troubleshooting on this thread, let me have a closer look on your setup through our Official channel. In order to investigate having all our tools available, I’ve made sure to reach out to you directly via email on my end. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email & I’ll make sure to promptly get back in touch with you asap. Thanks for reaching out on our Community & I’ll be awaiting your next reply!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

AnthonyDube
New member | Level 2

Hi have you tried refreshing the dropbox page after the upgrade or deleting excess files? That normally helps me. 

g_d
Explorer | Level 4

No, It's not working.

Please help.

Untitled.png

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey g_d, (& @AnthonyDube, thanks for helping out here :slight_smile:) sorry to hear about any frustration this may have caused you, I’m here to send you some hints that could be of assistance & we’ll take it from there!

In order to understand what happened, we’d need to ensure you’ve now connected all your devices to your upgraded account (i.e. the one with the extra space) across your devices & online, as you may have signed in to a different account on your desktop/ phone/ web (:desktop::iphone:, :spider_web:️ ), which would trigger the confusion in the first place. In other words, you’ll have to ensure that all three devices are connected to the same account (eg. g@d.com without using any special characters &c). 

Once you do, the upgrade should be reflected on your Account tab & you’ll be able to access your additional space without any issues. 

Please keep me updated here on the results you’re getting on your end & I’ll do my best to follow-up with you. Thanks again for posting us your question on our Community! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

g_d
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks, Jane.

I am using it on the laptop. But the problem still persistsUntitled.png.

Jane
Dropboxer
I appreciate the time you took to send me this screensgrab @g_d, I feel that we’re almost there!

I can see that your upgrade has been recorded just fine on your account online, hence I’d like to point you to your desktop. To my mind a great troubleshooting step would be to unlink your account from this device & relink (which will leave all your files intact there), since it recreates the local database. You may reference the following steps to get going with that:

Click the Dropbox icon in the system tray. (You may need to click the arrow to show all system tray icons.)> Click the :gear: icon and select Preferences from the menu. > Select the Account tab. & Click Unlink This Dropbox... and confirm your choice.

When you unlink your computer, Dropbox will prompt you to sign in again.

(Just ensure that once you relink your pc to your account, the email should be the same as the one you can see on your General tab on your account online.)

I hope that this lets you complete file transfer & I’m always here in case you have any more questions- please let me know how my advice works for you or in case I’ve misunderstood your initial description & I’ll follow-up asap. Thanks again for your cooperation! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

g_d
Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Jane!

I followed the suggested steps to first unlink and then sign in again. But the problem still persists. Screenshot 2018-10-04 12.43.47.png

Jane
Dropboxer
I appreciate it that you tried all my suggestions & thanks a lot for the time you devoted on the matter so far @g_d!

As we’ve already tried some initial troubleshooting on this thread, let me have a closer look on your setup through our Official channel. In order to investigate having all our tools available, I’ve made sure to reach out to you directly via email on my end. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email & I’ll make sure to promptly get back in touch with you asap. Thanks for reaching out on our Community & I’ll be awaiting your next reply!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

clausmikkelsen
New member | Level 2

I got the same problem...

upgraded to 1 tb - but when i tried to add more files, it says "not enough space"

i downgraded again...

but i am interestet in the 1TB soloution, so any advice?

Claus [personal information removed by moderation for security reasons] 

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey Claus (@clausmikkelsen), we’re still discussing that with @g_d, as it hasn’t been fully resolved, though based on the troubleshooting we’ve done so far it seems that this error message is relevant to the available space you have locally on your device. 

In other words, if you'd like to move a folder inside Dropbox, you need to have this space available on your pc as well, since Dropbox is merely a folder where you can store your files, that's also syncing to our website (i.e. it does take up some physical space).

If you’re getting this error message too Claus, it would be best for you to move your files inside the Dropbox  folder in smaller batches, let them sync to our website & then remove them locally- though having a copy on your Dropbox account online- by applying Selective Sync

Let me know if you’d like me to explain any of the above in more depth & I’ll do my best to clarify thison this discussion here! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    dentist8 New member | Level 2
    Jane Dropboxer
    clausmikkelsen New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?