cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting email to reset password

Not getting email to reset password

gbaldauff
New member | Level 2

I am presently connected to dropbox on my computer.  I downloaded the app so I can access it on my tablet and phone, but I can't remember the password.  I stil have the emal account synced to dropbox, and when I ask for a new password it says it will send me one, but I never get it.  And I don't have them marked as spam.  Please help.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: not getting email to reset password

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi there, if you still have access to your email address, but aren’t getting the password reset email, would if be okay if we reach out to your email address associated with your forum profile?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi there, if you still have access to your email address, but aren’t getting the password reset email, would if be okay if we reach out to your email address associated with your forum profile?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

gbaldauff
New member | Level 2

what might that be?  I can't even find out what email address is associated with the forum.  Wouldn't it be the same?

Jay
Dropboxer
Well, I can’t say it publicly obviously, but I have the option here to message you. Generally it should be associated with your Dropbox account.

If you like we could email you there, let me know if that’s okay. If so, I’d recommend you keep an eye out in your spam folders just in case.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

gbaldauff
New member | Level 2

Hi Jay:

You can try to send me an email "there" wherever that is.  I'll check the few email accounts that I have.  And btw, it definately isn't going to the spam.  The e-mail that you are responding to me at is the same e-mail synced to my account, so...

CherryLee1
New member | Level 2

I cannot remember the password and I cannot receive your email

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey there @CherryLee1,

Have you checked your spam folder to see if the password reset email was redirected there by mistake?

If you don’t have the email there, then I would suggest submitting a ticket with our Support team for assistance as we would need to discuss account specific info. Or I can reach out to the email address associated with your Community profile, just let me know.

Hope this helps - Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Ken66
New member | Level 2

I figured out the problem. I got a similar one too and I asked for a reset again. I got an exactly similar email with no links. However, when hovering over the area where a link was supposed to be but wasn't I  found teh cursor changed toa hand. Wen I clicked I could reset the password. I don't know if the password change link was not showing deliberately or not. 

Ken66
New member | Level 2

Sorry for the typos. I am literate but didn't proofread.

Rich
Super User II

@Ken66 wrote:

I don't know if the password change link was not showing deliberately or not. 

Likely blocked by your mail client as a security measure. A very common thing meant to protect you from clicking untrusted links.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Brigb New member | Level 2
    Ken66 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?