cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting forgot password link in my email account

Highlighted

Not getting forgot password link in my email account

New member | Level 2

I can't recover my old account, I did all the  way that said in https://www.dropbox.com/forgot but it not work. How can I recover my account? I know my email but I cant reset my passoword because I dont receive any link. I have many important files there. HELP ME!

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Not getting forgot password link in my email account

Dropboxer

Hi @ranielgabriel; welcome to our Community and sorry to hear about this. 

There are four of possible reasons you’re not receiving the password reset email so let's take a look at what could be going wrong here; shall we? 

1. The email is caught in a spam folder: 

When you request a password reset, the email comes from no-reply@dropbox.com. If you don't receive this email, it’s possible that address is blocked. Check to see if the email arrived in your junk/spam folder. If it didn’t, add no-reply@dropbox.com to your address book and then try the reset again.

2. The email is going to a different email address:

It’s fairly common to use one address as your primary email account, and then have used a second, different address with Dropbox. It may be that the password reset email isn’t going through because you used a different address with Dropbox.

3. The email address was misspelled: 

If you’re not receiving the email, check the spelling on the address you use for Dropbox, and try the reset again. Misspellings are one of the most common reasons for unreceived emails.

4. The email is delayed:

Occasionally, email providers can have a delay in their service. Give the reset email a few hours—it may still arrive, just not right away.

If you’ve tried each of these, but you’re still not receiving the password reset, there is still something you can do to get your files.

If you’re still signed in to Dropbox on another device (a computer, phone, tablet, or dropbox.com), you may be able to open Dropbox on that device. If you can, try saving copies of your files to that device.

As you probably know, you can find more info and tools for password resets in this Help Center article.

I hope this helps! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?