cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting reset password for another account

Highlighted

Not getting reset password for another account

New member | Level 2

Hi. I'm IT supporting a client that I set up dropbox for. They have a virus on their computer that is infecting files. I am unable to remove their sharing privileges and I do not have their current password. I am therefore attempting to reset the password for their account. The email address for the account redirects to me and I have tried redirects to two different email addresses. I have not recieved the reset email. no-reply@ is whitelisted. I receive many emails from no-reply@ so that is not a problem. Please help. Thanks

31 Replies 31
Highlighted

Re: Not getting reset password for another account

Dropboxer

Hey @robdee, welcome to the Dropbox Community. 

If the user's file have been infected by ransomware, this article provides a few steps on what they can do to stay safe. 

As for the password reset email, could you ask the user who has their email address associated with the account in question to check their inbox? Do they see a reset email there? 

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Cannot recover password or change email

New member | Level 2

Hello everyone!

I've been struggling to log in in my DropBox account and finally managed through gmail. However, regardless it automatically logged in, it seems the password saved is wrong (?), I attempted to change it but I cannot receive the email no-reply@dropbox.com (I saved it in my contacts, it is not in spam). I also tried to change my email as the current one I no longer use but I cannot either. So I found myself, managed to log in, with no idea about the password, but I cannot receive the recover email from Dropbox so I cannot fix it either. HELP!

Highlighted

Re: Cannot recover password or change email

Dropboxer

Hi @RuthMg, thanks for checking in with us on the Dropbox Community, and sorry to hear about your frustration. 

Since you've attempted some troubleshooting already - awesome work by the way! - I'd recommend at this point submitting a Help Request by navigating to this link from a private browser, and filling out the info requested. 

Let me know if you have any trouble along the way and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

I have an issue with resetting my password. Can you help?

Explorer | Level 3

i followed the instructions like

Sent an email to reset(find) my password, but i didn't recieve any email from dropbox.

Dropbox asked me to add no-reply@dropbox.com to my contact list then send the email again, but i still didn't recieve..

i checked my trash mail but still the same...

i dont know how to find my password ...

please help me..

there are many photos of my passed away dog..

Highlighted

Re: I have an issue with resetting my password. Can you help?

Dropboxer

Hey @TimShen, I moved your post to this thread where other users have experienced a similar concern. 

Check out my suggestions above and give me a shout if you have any trouble along the way.

Cheers!

Lusil

Highlighted

Re: Not getting reset password for another account

New member | Level 2

HI. The reset email has not been recieved. It goes to my address. All emails to that registered ddress go to me with no problems apart from dropbox. Never mind. I have shut down that computer and discinnected it from the network. I have used rewind to fix the problem in shared folders.

Highlighted

I didn't receive the password reset email

New member | Level 2

Hi, 

For some reason, I haven't received any password reset emails. My email was deleted some time ago for a while but I re-instated it and logged in via google. In fact, there was a notification in the dropbox header mentioning about not able to send me emails. Now I would like to make some changes that require dropbox password. However, as I logged in via Google login, I don't have the password and I would need reset it. What I should do? 

Thank you,  

Highlighted

Re: I didn't receive the password reset email

Dropboxer

Hey @KF7, I moved your post here to keep similar questions in one thread for troubleshooting purposes. 

Due to account-specific info that'd be necessary to have a better look into this for you, I'd recommend to fill out this form from a private/incognito browser. 

If you have any trouble along the way, give me a nudge. Cheers!

Lusil

Highlighted

I'm not receiving the password reset email. Any ideas?

Explorer | Level 4

trying to regain access to my account, but the "reset Password" email is not sent/recieved in my mailbox

Tried all the suggested solutions in the articles, no luck

Also, cannot find how to open a support ticket, maybe because it's a free account...

Please help!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?