cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Not receiving verification email

Explorer | Level 4

2nd attempt at posting this - I am not receiving the verification email.
I have a yahoo.com account and I've checked spam and added "no-reply@dropbox.com" to my contacts.
I'm loogged into my dropbox account and 2 colleagues have shared files with me but I haven't gotten them.
I've had this dropbox account for many years, altho it has been dormant for a couple of years.
PLEASE HELP!
last time I tried to post this request I received this error message in red:
Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 52C847AE

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Not receiving verification email

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @tojimpoole; thanks for posting on our Community and sorry to hear you're not receiving the email to verify your email address with us. 

Since you've already checked your email's spam folder and added "no-reply@dropbox.com" to your contacts, I'd suggest using an incognito window while NOT logged into your account and contact our team through this form so we can look further into this with account specific infromation. 

I hope this gets resolved for you soon!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @tojimpoole; thanks for posting on our Community and sorry to hear you're not receiving the email to verify your email address with us. 

Since you've already checked your email's spam folder and added "no-reply@dropbox.com" to your contacts, I'd suggest using an incognito window while NOT logged into your account and contact our team through this form so we can look further into this with account specific infromation. 

I hope this gets resolved for you soon!

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Ok , this took a couple of days to get fixed, but including the searching and searching I had to do to figure out how to communicate and get a solution.

Thanks to Walter in this thread, (step 1.) I filled out the "contact" form in an incognito browser which he linked in his comment.
Next, (step 2.) got a reply from Dropbox Support Team at 3:24am asking that I reply in order to make sure I was who I said I was. ...which I did at 7.30am
Step 3.) At 1.30am the next day, they sent a link to reset my password, which I did the following day and my Voila ! moment was granted. The account is back to receiving shared folders.

RE: the Help Process:
Apparently, Dropbox prefers this forum to self solve your problem reading thru threads. However , this was a dead end for me, b/c I never did find any actual links that eventually solved the issue. LOTS of reading , but no real practical help. I had to "start at thread" by posting my problem, then by sheer luck, ol' Walter replied with a link to a form which led to solving the issue - if he hadn't done that, i would never have found that form. I was self-seeking for a form like that, and maybe I'm unique, but i couldn't find it.
My point here is: i wish they would simply make the form to contact Dropbox Support available. Of course, I could be wrong about this, but it would seem to eliminate the double & Triple steps i had to take.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

the above comment should read: "... but NOT including the searching..."

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem (and added the no-reply email adress to my contacts and checked the spam folder), so I tried the link https://www.dropbox.com/support/sign-in-issues in a incognito window, but that link apparently doesn't work anymore... Any solution to that? Thanks

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @spa, could you let us know what exactly isn't working for you? Are you getting any errors? 

Lusil

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Lusil,

I'm not getting any error, just not receiving the verification email.

I've checked the spam folder and everything and clicked on "resend the email" several times, but the email isn't there

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @spa

The link I linked above and that you mention in your original post is to submit a Help Request to our team to have a further look into this for you. 

At this point, since you have done some troubleshooting - awesome work by the way - could you fill out the relevant information in this link to further investigate with our team?

Cheers!

Lusil

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am also having the same issue. I am unable to recieve the email the verify my email adress. It seems like email is not sending from Dropbox. How can i get this reselved

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @Aubrey2, thanks for joining us on this discussion. 

Could you please have a look at my previous response and let me know if you have any trouble along the way. 

Cheers!

Lusil

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?