cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Oh hello. Sorry for this little hiccup.

Explorer | Level 3

Hey guys,

Need help. Saturday night I was uploading photos to Dropbox and ran out of space. I started the free trial for Dropbox Plus and immediately after that it started giving me the “Oh hello. Sorry for this little hiccup” page. I’ve tried different browsers, clearing my cache and cookies, and opening it on my phone. Nothing is working and it’s still down. I use it for work and I’ve tried reaching out to support a few times now- still nothing. Anyone have any solutions? It’s greatly appreciated.

8 Replies 8
Highlighted

Re: Oh hello. Sorry for this little hiccup.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @Movielovermcla,

Can you let me know if you’ve possibly tried using an incognito/private window also? This will rule out any browser extensions that could be causing the issue.

Also, do you have any connected devices such as a computer or mobile with the apps downloaded? If so, are you able to upload any files through the apps? 

Finally, what steps are you taking when you see this error page? For example, does this occur when performing a certain action like trying to upload files or navigate to a certain page on the web?

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hey @Daphne ,

I tried the incognito browser and that didn't work either. I've got the app downloaded on my laptop but the app wouldn't open either. I've got the app on my iPhone and it opens fine, but that's it. I also tried to log on to my account through my boyfriend's laptop and my Mom's and neither worked. I'm not really taking any steps when that page appears. If I'm already logged into Dropbox and I type Dropbox.com into my web bar, I get that page as soon as it starts to load the home page. If I'm not logged in, it takes me to the login screen and as soon as I log in I get that page. 

Thanks @Daphne !

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Movielovermcla, thanks for that info!

Can you just let me know if you’re receiving any kind of error when trying to open the desktop app on your laptop? If you were to manually launch the desktop app, do you see the Dropbox icon appear in your system tray/menu bar?

Also, can you let me know if the other computers you tried were on the same WiFi connection or different ones?

Thanks!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hey @Daphne ,

So I just tried to enter my Dropbox app on my computer and it worked. Still can't reach my account online though. I also don't want to renew my Dropbox Plus trial and it won't let me change anything because when I try to go to my account page to edit my subscripition, I get the same page.

I've been on 3 different Wifi connections and it didn't work on any of them.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I also just want to say that this happened IMMEDIATELY after I started the free trial, so I didn't get to use it. I'm going to be pretty livid if it's renewed because I can't cancel my subscription because my account won't load online

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Since we would need to discuss some account specific details I’d suggest to move over to our Support channel. I was able to locate your open ticket and passed along all the info you provided here to ensure all relevant details are in the same place.

In terms of the trial, since you are having trouble with accessing your account, our Support team should be able to assist with cancelling your trial. If you’d like, I can reach out to the email address associated with your Community profile for this specific matter. Otherwise, you can submit a new ticket as this is a different subject (and feel free to let me know the ticket reference number if you’d like me to follow up there for you).

Let me know - Thanks!

Daphne

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hey @Daphne ,

I'd really appreciate it if you could reach out to my email associated with this account. It'd help a ton!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
I’ve reached out to your email address @Movielovermcla, please check your inbox at your earliest convenience.

Cheers!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?