cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Account Billed to Inactive Credit Card.

Highlighted
New member | Level 2

Hello, 

I'm at a loss what to do. I've worked for my company for about a year and every so often a charge will appear on our company AMEX report for $119.88. This card is for an old employee that no longer works here and we do not use this dropbox account anymore. It's also an issue because the card that is billed has been deeactivated but we still receive charges to it. AMEX continually says to contact the vendor rather than blocking charges made to the old card. DropBox does not have a phone number I can call and on top of that we do not know the account information for the employee's dropbox account. Really not sure what to do at this point. If anyone has any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have a reference number for the transaction. thank you I really need help for this. 

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Old Account Billed to Inactive Credit Card.

Dropboxer

Hi @samscarfone; welcome to the Dropbox Community and sorry to hear about this.

In this case, I'd suggest trying an incognito window while NOT logged into any Dropbox account and when on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button and submit a Help Request from the relevant option at the bottom of the page and input your payment's information along with an email address we can reach you. 

I hope this gets resolved for you soon and please let me know if you have any follow up questions!

PS: You can use our self served look up tool to identify which email address is attached to the charge in question by visiting the following link: https://www.dropbox.com/payments/find_receipt 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?