cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Account. Need to remove billing method.

Old Account. Need to remove billing method.

vgb114
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, back in 2014 an employee of mine set up a personal paid dropbox account on my corporate credit card.  She had permission to do so.  We were not big enough to support the cost of a team expense and it was a first step to moving into a cloud-based system.  Anyway,  here is the problem.  A year later (2015) she took a job elsewhere and parted ways with our company.  Her email address was shut down and removed from our system, as these things go, and we forgot to cancel her dropbox account before doing so.  Today, as then, we have no way of logging into this account.

Each year around this time, I get billed for an account that has not been in use since 2015.  I try to communicate with someone on the dropbox billing team, but inevitably get routed in circles until someone finally says, please submit a ticket after logging into the account (which again, I cannot do).  Each year around this point, I get frustrated, don't think it is worth the time to continue the fight over $100 or whatever, and forget about it until the next year when the cycle continues.  At this point is my only recourse to just cancel my credit card?  It seems ridiculous, but I also think it is ridiculous that I am now $600+ into an account I can not cancel.  

Let's make 2021 better than 2020.  Can someone on the dropbox team please help me out?  Never posted in the community board before and thought I'd give it a shot.

3 Replies 3

Re: Old Account. Need to remove billing method.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hello there @vgb114, I'm sorry to hear about the situation!

As long as you have the relevant billing details linked with the subscription, our Support team should be able to assist you with cancelling a subscription, without the account it's linked with.

For reference, can you give me the ticket numbers (eg. #1234567) for the cases you had with our Support team previously, so I can check on this from my side?

Also, since I wouldn't be able to assist directly from here, please submit a ticket with our billing team from here.

Then you can let me know the ticket number, so that I can follow up with you from there.

Keep me posted - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

vgb114
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for responding, but this is my problem.  I cannot log into the account to create a ticket and I also do not have the functionality on my free version log in to create a ticket. Because I can not create a ticket, I cannot engage with the support team. Is it possible for you to create a ticket that I can respond to?  Or can billing reach out to me directly?  I am more than happy to provide them with my contact information.  

Walter
Dropboxer

In that case, I'd suggest using an incognito window without logging into any account @vgb114.

When on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button.

From there, submit a Help Request through the relevant option at the bottom of the page and input your payment's information along with an email address we can reach you. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?