cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Dropbox Account

Old Dropbox Account

blanca_85
New member | Level 2

I first got a Dropbox account in 2016 and used it for about a year. Then didn’t use it as much. I tried logging in to my first account and have been unsuccessful. I typed in my email address and clicked “forgot password”. It said that an email was sent by I never received an email. It is the correct email because I am able to search “Dropbox” and it brings up older emails from Dropbox. I started a new account with the same email but I’m trying to get photos attached to my old account with the same email.

3 Replies 3

Re: Old Dropbox Account

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @blanca_85, thanks for your message!

From what it sounds like, your old Dropbox account might have been deactivated due to lack of use, which would mean that it isn't possible to regain access to the account, or recover the files within.

As you were able to create a new account with the same email confirms this fact, since it isn't possible to have two accounts with the same email. 

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If you need any more information, feel free to message back.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Jennifer Mcburney
New member | Level 2
How am I able to get back in

Mark
Super User II

I'm afraid you cannot - accounts removed as inactive have everything permanently deleted. 

Your account is now unrecoverable. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?