cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old account dead, but still being charged

Highlighted

Old account dead, but still being charged

New member | Level 2

I had an old work account being charged to my personal credit card. I no longer have access to the email and forgot my password.

I’d like access to this paid account to reassign back to my personal account and change my credit card charge account.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Old account dead, but still being charged

New member | Level 2

I don't think they plan on helping you on this sitution at all. I've had the same issue, only I followed countless instructions on how to cancel in the faq and still no solution. The cancelation button is rigged, you cannot cancel your account and you cannot contact costomer support, the whole system is rigged. There is no one to speak to and no one cares to reach out as the company continues to make counless dollars off their most trusted customers. It's quite sad actually, but we have to figure out how to stop this maddness. 

Highlighted

Not applicable

Hello!

Since you no longer have access to your email and password, I recommend that you contact Dropbox Support. Follow the below steps:

1. Open an Incognito Tab
  2. Go to https://www.dropbox.com/support
  3. Click on Can't Sign In? 
  4. Scroll down to Submit a Help Request
  5. Fill out the Required Information
  6. Then click the blue Submit button

You should recieve a response within 1-2 business days. I hope this helps!

--------------------

HeartDid this post help you? If so, please mark it for some Kudos below.  

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so, please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so, please provide some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey there @Bretth2 and @Lamont Coleman, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this!

Since this is related to billing issues @Bretth2, you would actually need to contact us from this page via an incognito window by filling in the relevant info under "Submit a Help Request".

The reason I suggest using an incognito window is so that you can enter an email address you have access to at the top of the form so that you can receive the reply from our Support team.

Once you've submitted a ticket, please feel free to let me know the ticket number (eg. #1234567) and I'll be more than happy to follow up with you there personally.

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?