cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old account is billed, new account out of space

mash9890
Explorer | Level 4

My old account, an email which no longer exists (& I forgot the password) gets billed for Dropbox business.  The new account I am trying to use is limited in size.  How do I connect the two now.  There are no customer service reps.  I just want to cancel subscription (if I knew how) at this point and use box or one drive, if I cannot get this straight.  I don't want to cancel a credit card just to cancel this one account.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Old account is billed, new account out of space

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @mash9890; welcome aboard and sorry to hear about this.

In cases like this, I'd recommend getting in touch with our support team directly for further assistance. 

Just make sure to use an incognito window without logging into any account and on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button.

From there, you can go ahead and submit a Help Request from the relevant option at the bottom of the page by inputting your payment's information along with an email address we can reach you. 

I hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @mash9890; welcome aboard and sorry to hear about this.

In cases like this, I'd recommend getting in touch with our support team directly for further assistance. 

Just make sure to use an incognito window without logging into any account and on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button.

From there, you can go ahead and submit a Help Request from the relevant option at the bottom of the page by inputting your payment's information along with an email address we can reach you. 

I hope this helps!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

mash9890
Explorer | Level 4

I followed the directions and I am hopeful.  It's been a problem for awhile, I have been paying for months and still no space.  I got a message stating they will be in touch.  I bet I am not the only one with this problem and it should be more intuitive to fix.

DROPBPX991
New member | Level 2

Did you every hear back? I am having the same problme.

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey there @DROPBPX991; thanks for joining the discussion here.

If you're still having issues with this, may I reach out via email to have a further look? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

mash9890
Explorer | Level 4
No. I changed my credit card, downloaded all my files, and uninstalled Dropbox on all machines and phones.

blustella
Explorer | Level 4

I have similar issue. Old email (long extinct) is what Dropbox recognizes when I endorse the Dropbox icon on my computer. Newer email (correct) has been used by others to share files with me. Latter email was "almost out of space." I just upgraded, paid and cannot figure how to combine the older email account (free) and the newer one to have files altogether. Now I cannot access either. The latter does not recognize my having upgraded....I am now paying for a service I cannot use. How do I combine the two accounts? 1) the older free, account with extinct email and 2) the newer, correct, upgraded account with  correct email?

blustella
Explorer | Level 4

The solution offered was not successful, according to the prior request from someone else! What other ideas do you have?

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey there @blustella, thanks for nudging us here. 

Generally, if you remember the relevant credentials associated with your Dropbox account, you can still try to sign in to it, even if the email address isn't active anymore. 

As for merging the contents of your accounts, you can find more information on this, here

Finally, for your upgrade not being recognized, I'd recommend contacting our Support team due to account-specific info that's needed. 

Could you follow Walter's instructions above, and let us know if you have any trouble along the way?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

blustella
Explorer | Level 4

I do not know the obsolete email (earthlink) password associated with my Drop Box account

I was told I needed more space.

My first attempt to change the email was unsuccessful, as I entered an email  used by OTHER Dropbox users to share a files with ME.

I WAS able to change my email to another email never used.

PROBLEM: I upgraded and paid for more space before I changed the new email on the account.

I DO NOT see the upgrade reflected on my account.

Do I need to delete the old account and open a new account with the new email?

HOW CAN I GET THE UPGRADE APPLIED TO THE NEW EMAIL ON THE ACCOUNT?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    blustella Explorer | Level 4
    Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?