cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old account, no longer access to email, can't reset password, getting charged

Old account, no longer access to email, can't reset password, getting charged

mcakes
New member | Level 2

I used to use an account for work at my previous employer. I've left that job early in 2020, and just realized that it is still active when my credit card was charged. I tried to login to cancel, but password needed to be reset as it had been a while since the last login (over a year) and I could not access the account. I reached out to my former employer, but my email is no longer available. I just want to close the account, but my personal account is a Basic account and I seem to not be able to talk to anyone about this in any conventional way. Is there a way to fix this somehow other than me canceling my credit card (which I'd like to avoid doing...)? 

1 Reply 1

Re: Old account, no longer access to email, can't reset password, getting charged

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @mcakes, thanks for posting today!

Would there be a chance for you to contact your service provider, so they can help you re-gain access to your email address? I recommend checking their help resources to see if this is possible.

If however you can't achieve this, our Support team is always here to help with the cancellation of the plan. I'd suggest trying an incognito window where you're not logged into any account. 

From there, when on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button and submit a Help Request from the relevant option at the bottom of the page and input your payment's information along with an email address we can reach you. 

Let me know how this goes!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?