cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old email no access to reset password

Old email no access to reset password

Kennystewart80
Explorer | Level 3
I’ve seen a few discussions where people can submit a ticket but I don’t have that option. I have an old Dropbox account I need to access linked to an old email I can’t access and no way to contact a person to explain.
4 Replies 4

Re: Old email no access to reset password

Rich
Super User II

@Kennystewart80 wrote:
I have an old Dropbox account I need to access linked to an old email I can’t access ...

Unfortunately, without access to the email account, it won't be possible to access the Dropbox account. The only other way to get back in would be if you had another active device already linked to the account.

Kennystewart80
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks, that’s crazy though. I think I’ll just switch providers lol, like if you can’t get access to your files for such a simple reason it’s kinda scary.

We’re switching over from storing on laptops to a cloud solution and I had suggested Dropbox for the team but this is off putting.

I appreciate your response so, thank you.

Rich
Super User II

@Kennystewart80 wrote:
Thanks, that’s crazy though. I think I’ll just switch providers lol, like if you can’t get access to your files for such a simple reason it’s kinda scary.

It's not such a simple reason, though. Control of the email address is proof that the account is yours. Without a way to verify the account, Dropbox simply can't grant you access. It would be a security issue if they did. This is common with most any service nowadays.

Best of luck.

Kennystewart80
Explorer | Level 3
I knew you’d say that but it’s not true, there’s many ways verification could be done it’s just the provider chooses not to, profit margin most importantly of course. I also paid at one time which could be used for verification but I can’t contact support to do this.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Kennystewart80 Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?