cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old number

Old number

George377383
New member | Level 2
Hi so I have a account that I haven’t accessed in over 4 years because of my 2 step verification which is linked with an old number that I haven’t got anymore. The problem is I don’t have an emergency backup code or an backup phone number or a connected device. I need to get access to my account but need that 6 digit verification code which I cannot access I have repeatedly contacted customer services by tickets and they’re not helping and I was wondering if one of you can help me because I’m very stressed about this and I want access to my account.
1 Reply 1

Re: Old number

Rich
Super User II

@George377383 wrote:
I have a account that I haven’t accessed in over 4 years because of my 2 step verification which is linked with an old number that I haven’t got anymore.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to gain access to the account. Without the two-step code or the emergency backup codes, it's simply not possible to gain access to the account. Not only that, but if the account has been idle for four years, it likely doesn't exist anymore (unless you're still paying for it). Accounts that are idle for more than a year are deleted due to inactivity.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?