cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old plan cancelled due to auto-renewal failure; new plan price is a rip-off

Old plan cancelled due to auto-renewal failure; new plan price is a rip-off

mjswan2
Explorer | Level 4

My Dropbox Plus account recently reverted to a Basic plan after my auto-renewal failed (I was on holiday for a month and didn't see that my cancelled credit card was still the primary card on my account). I have been on a Plus plan since 2015 and was paying $71.99 per annum for about 100GB storage (I can't quite remember). Since I'm unable to speak to somebody to put me back on my original plan, I'm presumably expected to sign on to the new 2TB plan for ~$185 per annum. I don't want to do this since it's far too expensive and I don't need that much space. Strangely, my girlfriend is on the 2TB plan but it costs her only ~$120 per year to renew her Plus plan. Why the big difference?

Please contact me urgently to reinstate my old plan.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Old plan cancelled due to auto-renewal failure; new plan price is a rip-off

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @mjswan2; welcome to our Community and sorry to hear about this.

I'm afraid that if your previous plan isn't offered anymore, even our support team won't be able to help re-instate it and you'll need to upgrade to one of the currently available, be it the Plus plan or the Professional one. 

The former comes with 2 TB of space and the latter one with 3 TB while you can always choose to upgrade to a monthly plan to see if it suits your needs. 

I hope this helps to some extent and let us know if you have any follow up questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @mjswan2; welcome to our Community and sorry to hear about this.

I'm afraid that if your previous plan isn't offered anymore, even our support team won't be able to help re-instate it and you'll need to upgrade to one of the currently available, be it the Plus plan or the Professional one. 

The former comes with 2 TB of space and the latter one with 3 TB while you can always choose to upgrade to a monthly plan to see if it suits your needs. 

I hope this helps to some extent and let us know if you have any follow up questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

mjswan2
Explorer | Level 4
Thanks for the response. Not ideal but so be it.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mjswan2 Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?