cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On iPhone: Wrong email when told "Looks like there is no Dropbox account with your email address"

Highlighted

On iPhone: Wrong email when told "Looks like there is no Dropbox account with your email address"

New member | Level 2

My wife was trying to open a folder I had shared with her.

She was using her iPhone.

When she clicked on the link, she was prompted to install the Dropbox app.

She was then asked to sign in with either her Apple ID or Google. She chose Apple ID.

She authenticated using her fingerprint.

On the next page, the screen displayed an unknown email (...@privaterelay.appleid.com) with the error message "It looks like there is no Dropbox account with that email address."

Why did it show a random email address instead of my wife's email address?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: On iPhone: Wrong email when told "Looks like there is no Dropbox account with your email addr...

Dropboxer

Hello @ravster, thanks for posting your question on the Dropbox Community. 

You're right, if you sign in to your Dropbox account with Sign in with Apple, you can access your account using your Apple ID directly. 

However, it sounds like the option to Hide my email was chosen, which creates a random email address using the domain @privaterelay.appleid.com.

Out of curiosity, could they check which email comes up when they go to their Account tab on the Dropbox mobile app?

Let me know what you find, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?