cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of space with shared folders - do you want to be locked in to Dropbox????

Out of space with shared folders - do you want to be locked in to Dropbox????

Rustynut
Explorer | Level 3

Hi 

I am being told I am out of space - on a starter pack 2GB

So does that mean that everyone in our work group  (30-40-50 or more people) has to have a paid plan in order to share documents?

Because everyone shares - just like cc on email.

One click and its done except then everyone uses up all their "Disk Space" on irrelevant docs.

And the more people in there work group the more 9.99 per month, 120 a year Dropbox get.

Do we get an agents commission on this?

I feel like we are being locked in. 

Actually I d'ont just feel it. I am being locked in and so are my 50 or more associates.

I'm moving out! And so will they.

I dont like being obliged to take out a subscription to share a couple of files when I've got free TB's on Microsoft and apple.

Not impressed.

1 Reply 1

Re: Out of space with shared folders - do you want to be locked in to Dropbox????

Mark
Super User II

Yes all of your need to have the space in your accounts if you want to have shared folder read/write access. If you just need read only access then use shared links. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?