Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

PIN Code Not Accepted By Telephone Support System

Explorer | Level 4

I continue to have issues with the PIN code generated within the Admin Console not being accepted by the telephone support system. Dropbox seems unable to resolve the issue. Has anybody else had this issue? Has anybody resolved this issue?

Without a PIN code, I must rely on email support. Though email support is reasonable quick, there are times where immediate assistance is needed. In such cases, telephone support is the optimal way to receive assistance quickly. Thus, the PIN code is needed.

18 Replies 18
Highlighted

Re: PIN Code Not Accepted By Telephone Support System

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi dhillard, welcome to Dropbox Community!

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. 

Can you try switching browsers like Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Chrome? Also, try in Incognito Mode or Private Browsing mode and then clear your browser's cache.

Let me know if this helps!

Norah
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I get the same PIN code in multiple browsers. Unfortunately, that code doesn't work in the phone system. It is almost like our account is in the email support system but not in the phone support system. I heard on another site that there are companies who changed account types and encountered similar issues. I was surprised when a search here didn't provide similar results.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
A long shot, possibly, but, have you checked you are on the right plan to get phone support now?

https://www.dropbox.com/business/plans-comparison

The lowest Business one no longer gets telephone support.

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for your prompt reply dhillard!

As I would like to help you further, I followed up via email in order to continue troubleshooting with all our tools available. 

Looking forward to hear from you!

Norah
Moderator @ Dropbox

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I am on Dropbox Business Legacy Plan which is no longer listed in the product comparison. It came with phone support when we ordered it and I saw no notice from Dropbox cancelling phone support. The last technician said nothing to indicate that we were no longer entitled to phone support.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey dhillard

Can you tell me if you are still experiencing the same issue when you try to contact Phone Support?

Thanks for letting me know!

Norah
Moderator @ Dropbox

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thank you for checking. This is an ongoing issue since March (if not earlier).

This issue, in and of itself, is frustrating. Even more maddening is that Dropbox support contacted me to say that they can't call me (no call outs allowed, they say) but they want me to call them. How do I do that?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi dhillard

I’m really sorry to hear that the issue persists. 

In order to troubleshoot further it would be great if you could respond to our email and find a solution for you!

Thanks in advance for your patience and your cooperation!

Norah
Moderator @ Dropbox

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Norah, I know you want to help. I replied to every email that I received from you but kept getting new messages that gave me the impression that my replies weren't reaching you. I replied to every email from customer service and I got nothing beyond "call us" (which I can't do because the system won't recognize the PIN code generated in the browser). As an IT Systems Administrator, with a team of programmers behind me, I guarantee that we researched the issue on our side long before I submitted a ticket to customer service and before consulting with the forum. At this point, even though folks want to help, the reality is that this is a job for customer service because they, hypothetically have access to the software engineers who can research this matter. I am not unhappy with any of you, but I am very unhappy with Dropbox. We have had phone support from the very beginning. We were never notified of any changes. If there were changes, it seems likely that customer service would have a record of the changes (which they don'). This leaves me to conclude that there is a rare, but real, issue somewhere that can only be identified and resolved by somebody who has access to the code and servers that run the code.

My only request is that the Accepted Solution be "unmarked" as the Accepted Solution. I didn't acccept I don't think that it is right for anybody to accept a solution that I don't accept. While somebody surely meant it to be helpful, I don't like it when others attempt to speak for me. I have voice, I am a person, I am capable of letting others know if I find a solution acceptable. My best friend would never try to speak for me. So, I find it offensive when other folks who don't know me attempt to do so.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?