cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP!! Payment refund question: No customer support available?

PLEASE HELP!! Payment refund question: No customer support available?

aly_s01
Explorer | Level 3

Hi there Dropbox Community

So, I apparently signed upto a paid subscription in october 202 following the passing of my mu. I thought i had subscribed to the free version and was only after a platform for which i could save her photos and memories. It turns out i never used dropbox once in these months, yet have been paying $18.49 per month. I tried to puchase a gift for a family memeber today with my online account and my transaction could not go through, as apparently I had been spending $18.49 per month which i had not budgeted for. I have tried contactin Dropbox in several ways today since ending my subscription, but apparently as i am no longer a member i cannot access customer support. Please help! I never intended to sign up for a paid subscription, and also have never used this. I am a university student on a tight budget, with understandably many family expenses at this time as well.

I have also spent all day so far searching for a phone number or customer support chat/line/etc so that i could speak to Dropbox Staff about my situation, budget, and overall frustration, but so far it seems i have wasted a good 2+hours trying to access suport that doesn't exist for customers who cancelled their payment earlier on the same day. Does anyone in this community have a number i could call to discuss the potential for a refund? I desperately needed this money and never budgeted to spend it

Thank you 

Aly

3 Replies 3

Re: PLEASE HELP!! Payment refund question: No customer support available?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @aly_s01; welcome aboard and happy new Year!

Can you clarify if you have tried the steps from the relevant Help Center article yet?

If you're on the Basic plan now, I'd suggest trying an incognito window to contact our Support team for further assistance. 

When on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button and submit a Help Request from the relevant option at the bottom of the page and input your payment's information along with an email address we can reach you. 

I hope this helps, Aly! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

aly_s01
Explorer | Level 3

Hi there - 

I think I've tried everything, and i also submitted this form last night. I look forward to receiving a response 🙂

Thank you

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping me in the loop @aly_s01.

If there's anything else we can assist with, please give us a nudge here. 

See you around the Community and take care, Aly! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?