cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for a DropBox pro membership - still says I have a basic account with limited storage?

Highlighted

Paid for a DropBox pro membership - still says I have a basic account with limited storage?

Explorer | Level 3

I paid for a business/pro membership in July ($199.00). Whenn I log in, it says I have limited storage and need to upgrade. I tried to unlink my device, but nothing works...

Any advice and/or how to get someone from Dropbox on the phone/chat???

Very frustrating when you're on a work deadline!

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Paid for a DropBox pro membership - still says I have a basic account with limited storage?????

Dropboxer

Hey there @beth kapes, I'm sorry to hear about that!

Can you confirm for me if the charge went through from your bank account? If so, please try using the lookup tool to check which account the upgrade was applied to. This should help us have a clearer idea of what occurred.

If you see that the upgrade was applied to the account that's showing as Basic, I would suggest reaching out to the Support team by submitting a ticket from here.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Paid for a DropBox pro membership - still says I have a basic account with limited storage?????

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for your reply, Daphne. I was able to connect with your support on Twitter and found my upgraded account was linked with my personal email...not business. Trying to adjust settings to link with just my work email, but it won't let me (due to it already being used on the basic account. How can I just make it my business email...delete the gmail account? Not sure...Thanks!

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @beth kapes!

You would need to either delete the Dropbox account currently under the business email that you'd like to use, or if you have a third email address you can use this as a placeholder to free up the business email.

If you'd like to delete the Dropbox account under the business email, you can check out the steps listed here. Please make sure to transfer over any data to the other account that you might need first.

If you have a third email, for the account currently under the business email, you can change this to the third email. Then, you can change the email on the upgraded account to your business email.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?