cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid my Dropbox Plus, but denied access...

Highlighted
Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

Can anyone assist me on this topic?

On the 11th of November I renewed my subscription.

Got a confirmation from Dropbox on receipt of the payment.

Got a notice from my bank that my card had been charged by Dropbox.

But, I'm still getting info from Dropbox that my subscription has expired and my account is therefore inaccessible.

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks,

Sighelga

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: Paid my Dropbox Plus, but denied access...

Dropboxer

Hi there @Sighelga; welcome to our Community and happy Friday!

It sounds like you may have paid for another account of yours, related to another email address.

Can you use our self served look up tool to identify the exact email address that's associated with the charge in question? 

Let me know what you find, Sighelga. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Paid my Dropbox Plus, but denied access...

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Walter,

You are absolutely correct.  I do indeed have two accounts and the one I paid for is not in use at all...

Is there a chance your could assist me in transfering the paiment from [removed per the Community's Guidelines] over to   [removed per the Community's Guidelines]?

That would obviously fix the situation. 

What say thou?

Best regards,

Sigurdur

Highlighted

Paid my Dropbox Plus, but for an incorrect account.

Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

Can anyone assist me on this topic?

On the 11th of November I renewed my subscription and by mistake paid of an account I do not use, instead of the one I actually use.

Got a confirmation from Dropbox on receipt of the payment.

Got a notice from my bank that my card had been charged by Dropbox.

So, I'm still getting info from Dropbox that my subscription has expired and my account is therefore inaccessible.

Any suggestions as to how I can get the paiment transferred between two accounts, please?

Thanks,

Sighelga

Highlighted

Re: Paid my Dropbox Plus, but for an incorrect account.

Dropboxer

Hi @Sighelga; thanks for the nudge here and sorry for the late reply. 

I'm afraid, we aren't able to transfer subscriptions between individual Dropbox accounts at this time. 

In order to have the subscription quota associated with the email in question you will need to take a number of steps, as an email address can not be associated with more than one Dropbox account.

If you would like to change the email address of the account associated with the subscription to another existing Dropbox account, you will need to merge the two accounts and then change the email address for both accounts.

After you have completed the merge process, you can change the email address associated with your upgraded account by completing the following process:

Please note that you will need to use a third placeholder email address which is not already associated with a Dropbox account in order to complete this process:

1. Log out of the account you are currently on.

2. Log into your paid Dropbox Plus or Dropbox Professional account.

3. Access this link: https://www.dropbox.com/account

4. Click "Change email" and switch the email address associated with this account to your placeholder email address.

5. Log out of Dropbox and log back in with your Basic account.

6. Access the same link as before: https://www.dropbox.com/account

7. Click "Change email" and switch the email address to what you use for your paid Dropbox Plus or Dropbox Professional account.

8. Log back into your placeholder account

9. Access https://www.dropbox.com/account

10. Change the email address to what you use for your Basic account.

This will successfully change the email address associated with your Plus or Professional account to the email address you use for your Basic account.

I hope this helps and apologies for the lengthy reply, Sighelga. 

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hello Walter,

This is not working for me, quite complicated to be honest. 

I'd like to close the account of which I've acidentally paid for.  How can I do that and make sure I will not be charged any further?

My mistake, my loss obviously and not very good service, making this so complicated. 

I will then simply start paying for the correct account, but I want to be sure I will not be charged for both of them; hence how can I permanently close and discharge the credit card connected to it?

I trust this can be in a bit easier way.

Appreciate your support, 

Sigurdur

ps. Obviously still unable to use my correct account (but, I know, my fault.)

Highlighted

Dropboxer

I'm sorry for any confusion this might have caused @Sighelga; may I reach out to the email address that's associated with your Community's profile so we can work on this together?

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?