cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Reset Broken

Password Reset Broken

Skittles
New member | Level 2

I recently changed the password to a Dropbox Plus account. It was correct, it was a copy paste from a password manager. 

I don't know what happened but I can now no longer login and I'm now seeing what garabage platform Dropbox is. 

1. What password reset form still only uses a single field with no 2 field validation? Dropbox apparently. 

2. The password reset is useless. Emails never arrive and this appears to be pretty common. Yes the mailbox works, no it's not in junk. Just goes into the Abyss. 

3. Zero support and what does exists, suggests you need to sign in to get better support options. Really helpful when you can't sign in. 

1 Reply 1

Re: Password Reset Broken

Rich
Super User II

@Skittles wrote:

... you need to sign in to get better support options. Really helpful when you can't sign in.

Which is why there's a specific option on the Support page for sign in issues. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see it. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

74f2ea53ca6461a62fae2965034bd3dd.png

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?