cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password changed, email address no longer in use, can't reset password, bank account getting charged

Password changed, email address no longer in use, can't reset password, bank account getting charged

viperphotos
Explorer | Level 3

I'm sure this topic has come up several times before.

1) I had a Standard dropbox account and was paying about $12 per month plus tax.

2) I moved and had to use another ISP so my email account was closed.

3) Dropbox auto-reset my password.

4) I cannot log into my old email account because it has been closed by the ISP and cannot be restored.

5) I can find no way to change my password that works on the Dropbox that I no longer need or use.

6) Dropbox continues to charge me a total of $13.01 each month for a box access. 

I need to be able to get ahold of someone at dropbox who can close this account a stop pilfering funds from my bank account each month.

What do I do next?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Password changed, email address no longer in use, can't reset password, bank account getting ...

Jay
Dropboxer

When you create the ticket from your current account, use your current email that you do have access to, and then provide the details for the team to assist further from there on.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Re: Password changed, email address no longer in use, can't reset password, bank account getting ...

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @viperphotos, thanks for posting on the Community.

I'm sorry for hearing about this situation. As this is related to sensitive billing info, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by logging into your account, clicking this support link and providing as much info as possible.

Keep me posted!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

viperphotos
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Jay. I've submitted a request at the link you provided.  I put the email in question (no longer active) in the box as requested. That email is different than the account I am using for this thread.  I requested that any contact come through my current account.

Michael

Jay
Dropboxer

If that's the case, then you won't receive a response, since the support team can only respond to the email address written in the box.

The team can't send an email to another address if you mention it elsewhere, for security and privacy purposes.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

viperphotos
Explorer | Level 3

OK. Then what is the alternative that will result in Dropbox no longer taking funds from my bank account for a box I can no longer access?

As mentioned previously, the original email account was shut down after I switched ISPs and that cannot be recovered.

Thanks.

Mike

Jay
Dropboxer

When you create the ticket from your current account, use your current email that you do have access to, and then provide the details for the team to assist further from there on.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

viperphotos
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Jay.

Damian in Dropbox support was able to take care of my issue.

Have a good day.

Jay
Dropboxer

Glad to hear this issue was resolved, @viperphotos.

Enjoy your week!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Can’t access my account because my email was disabled

Mbrad
New member | Level 2
I have a very old email that I was using when I first had Dropbox and now I need some files off that account O don’t remember the password to. But I can’t not access my email to reset the password, is there a way to talk to tech support about it?

Re: Can’t access my account because my email was disabled

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @Mbrad, thanks for reaching out. 

I've moved your post here, where another user was also having a similar issue. 

Have a look at what is suggested, and let us know if you have any trouble along the way. 

Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    Mbrad New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropboxer
    viperphotos Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?