cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password expired, no access to email set for dropbox BUT I know my username and password.

Password expired, no access to email set for dropbox BUT I know my username and password.

Systemmattersltd
New member | Level 2

Dropbox has expired my password and I don't have access to the email set for dropbox. I don't have any devices logged into dropbox.  BUT I know my username and password.

Obviously it is not this dropbox account that I am using to ask this question.

What do I do to get into my account so that I can access files pls.

Thanks

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Password expired, no access to email set for dropbox BUT I know my username and password.

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Systemmattersltd, thanks for messaging the Community!

If you're tried the steps in this article, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail. 

You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link.

From there you should be able to contact support. Make sure to enter an email that you can access in order to receive a reply. Thanks!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Re: Password expired, no access to email set for dropbox BUT I know my username and password.

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Systemmattersltd, thanks for messaging the Community!

If you're tried the steps in this article, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail. 

You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link.

From there you should be able to contact support. Make sure to enter an email that you can access in order to receive a reply. Thanks!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Systemmattersltd
New member | Level 2

Thanks Jay. No connected devices so I used your link. Much appreciated.

Jay
Dropboxer

No worries, @Systemmattersltd, if you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Tony24
New member | Level 2
Did you ever get any help with this issue? I got the exact same problem and can't get nowhere

Tony24
New member | Level 2
Jay how do someone who is a basic member contact support? From what I'm seeing it's not possible

Rich
Super User II

@Tony24 wrote:
Jay how do someone who is a basic member contact support? From what I'm seeing it's not possible

Typically, Basic accounts do not have access to Dropbox Support. Basic accounts have access to self-help options like this forum or the help articles.

However, you may still be able to submit a ticket for a sign in issue. Visit the link that Jay provided while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for submitting a ticket for a sign in issue. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

brianpearl
New member | Level 2

I’m having the same issue on another account. Seems like the same exact problem but I don’t have access to the email for the main account which I’m trying to access. It’s [personal information removed as per the Community's Guidelines] which is now owned by someone else so I need to access technical support for another way to reset my password. I was able to log in on my desktop and when I tried to change my email it wouldn’t allow me to. I have an unlimited business account which I pay for but this one I’m posting this question from is a separate account on an email that I do have access to [personal information removed as per the Community's Guidelines] . I really need help getting this resolved ASAP. I have important documents in that account that I need to access. If someone can please reach out I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

arezu sadeghloo
Helpful | Level 5
Hi
I have the same problem
My password has expired and I do not have access to the email I entered when I registered
But I know the expired password and my username
can you help me?

sheboyganmike
Explorer | Level 3

I have the same problem. When told to "You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link." the link sent me back to the community page.

How do I actually talk to someone at Dropbox?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    sheboyganmike Explorer | Level 3
    arezu sadeghloo Helpful | Level 5
    brianpearl New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?