cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password is resetted, cant access email

Password is resetted, cant access email

mealthy
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I have an old dropbox account that has an email I can no longer access.

I'm currently logged into dropbox on my phone and browser,

But I can't change the email cause the password has been reseted.

And I can't change the password cause it has been previously been reseted.

What can I do to fix this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Password is resetted, cant access email

Mark
Super User II

The only thing to do is get your files to a safe place, now! If you lose access to the Dropbox folder by accident you will lose access to all of the files permanently. 

After moving the files to a new location (Desktop of computer?) set up a new Dropbox account and then unlink and relink everything to that one. 

Note: there is NO WAY to get access to a Dropbox account if you do not have access to the email account.

https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/settings-sign-in/lost-access-email-cant-change-password

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II

The only thing to do is get your files to a safe place, now! If you lose access to the Dropbox folder by accident you will lose access to all of the files permanently. 

After moving the files to a new location (Desktop of computer?) set up a new Dropbox account and then unlink and relink everything to that one. 

Note: there is NO WAY to get access to a Dropbox account if you do not have access to the email account.

https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/settings-sign-in/lost-access-email-cant-change-password

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Re: Password reset, cant access email

Zvi
New member | Level 2

password reset

Re: Password reset, cant access email

Mark
Super User II

@Zvi 

Do you mean you need a password reset? If so you can go to www.dropbox.com/forgot

dk2020
Explorer | Level 4

where can I get a job ticket number for resetting my password from my old email that is no longer in the service because I do not work in the college any more 

dk2020
Explorer | Level 4

I was wondering if anyone can help me to transfer my existing files from my dropbox of old email to my current dropbox?  How do that?

Mark
Super User II

@dk2020 and @Zvi without access to the email account in question you cannot gain access to an account

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    dk2020 Explorer | Level 4
    Zvi New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?