cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password recovery

Password recovery

Appel001
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Dropbox,

I am running into the following issue.

I decided to change my password, which I did succesfully, unfortunately I forgot my newly created password straight away. 

So I decided to make use of the password recovery system, however the e-mail is not going through. This is because somehow my e-mail is "

5 Replies 5

Re: Password recovery

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hi @Appel001, thanks for reaching out.

This is indeed a tricky situation. It would be easier if you just downloaded your files and then created a new account for them.

Would that be a possibility? 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Appel001
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I dont think starting a new account resolves the issue. As the issue is a design issue, others might experience as well.

For me personally a new account would mean to give up a lot of extra features that I received over time (mainly data).

Would it be possible to reset my password to my previous know password, as I do know that one. Or would there be another way to re-verify my email, so I can continue the process of password recovery?

Kind regards,

Hannah
Dropboxer

Let's see if there's something that can be done.

Can you please send me a screenshot of the screen/error you're getting when you try to reset your password and when you try to (re)verify your email address?

Please make sure to hide any personal info!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Appel001
Explorer | Level 3

While looking into my account settings I notice:

2021-06-13 10_37_50-Dropbox.png

Upon hitting the verify email button, I get the following:

2021-06-13 10_39_11-Dropbox.png

However I do not receive an e-mail. (If I click update email address I have to fill out a password (that I try to retrieve). My guess is that it somehow checks if the password logged in the update email address section is valid.

  

2021-06-13 10_40_56-Reset your password - Dropbox.png

Using the password reset option, I receive the message that an email is sent, however I do not receive this email. I think during this stage it might check if an e-mail is verified to an account (but thats just a guess).

Of course it could also be that the mailing-service doesnt work, but I doubt that as likely, because that should affect more people.

From my end I check if I logged into the correct e-mail account, which I am. Also I checked the inbox and junk (spam) box.

I do receive other e-mails from dropbox with: community@dropboxforum.com
Double checked to make sure dropbox isnt on any of my blacklists.

Thanks in advance.

Lori
Dropboxer
I hope you're doing well @Appel001!

Would it be okay for me to reach out, so we can have a closer look together? 

Keep me updated.

Lori
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    Appel001 Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?