cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Account ... and Business Account

Personal Account ... and Business Account

Ross M.6
New member | Level 2

I have had the FREE account for a while and now I have been asked to be part of a network and use a firm's business account with syncing. It seems that my personal/business items show up in there too and I am concerned about their administrative control over things. When asked about signing up for a Personal Account I try using the same email and password but it kicks me out. Do I need to have a different email or just a different password or Both or is there something I am not understanding. Should I be able to set up a Personal Account using my one and only email account?

6 Replies 6

Re: Personal Account ... and Business Account

Ed
Dropboxer

Hi there

Sorry for the delay - are you still having issues?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Steven F.9
New member | Level 1

I was just made part of my companies Dropbox Business account, but I keep getting notifications that my personal account needs billing updating . I was under the impression that my personal account and business accounts were now 1 account, and the billing was the same. is that correct?

Scott S.47
New member | Level 1

I have a Dropbox account with 2.5 GB limit that is tied to my 'work' email and has many items/folders in it shared with various groups. Is that account considered a business account or a personal account?  I have recently been granted access to a company Dropbox with a larger limit, but it is currently tied to my personal email.  So, is the larger account classified as a business or personal account? 

I read in the Dropbox help that I can connect my business and 'personal' accounts.  It states:

• Sign in to your work Dropbox.
  • Click on your name at the top right corner of the page to open your account menu.
  • Select Settings.
  • Click on Connect under Connect your personal Dropbox.

When I sign into the larger account from my company for which I was provided access, but which is tied to my personal Gmail account, the 'Connect your personal Dropbox' option does not appear.  So is this considered a 'personal' account? 

What I want to do is keep the larger account, make sure it is considered a 'business' account, tie it to my business email, and somehow get all of the shared folders moved from the smaller account to the larger one.  None of the options are clear on how to do this, or how to even tell if an account is considered by Dropbox.com as personal or business.  There are no clear labels/indicators that I can find.

Any help would be appreciated.  Please cc suggestions to [email removed by moderator].

T. Bay
New member | Level 1

在我的公司有電腦建立Dropbox的,可隨開隨看,沒有隱私!

如何透過使用密碼方式才能進入觀看檔案?

先謝謝答覆〜

T. Bay
New member | Level 1

我在公司的電腦有建立Dropbox的資料夾,可隨開隨看,沒有隱私!

請問只有自己才可閱覽,如何透過使用密碼方式才能進入觀看檔案?

先謝謝答覆〜

Jon H.18
New member | Level 1

how do I remove the business name off of my personal account?

I have the dropbox pro and then it asked me to create a business account, I did and now all the things i share have my business name on it and I don't want that, how do I disconnect/cancel the business account and go back to just having a personal account, I only have two account connected in my business account and mine is the administrator account, but I have been looking for this so called "Admin Console" and it's nowhere to be found. I like the DropBox idea of being able to share and store files, but I'm getting tire of trying to fix this, they better help be fix it or I will probably go to a different company and there's no tech support, nobody you can talk to on the phone.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jon H.18 New member | Level 1
    T. Bay New member | Level 1
    Scott S.47 New member | Level 1
    Steven F.9 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?