cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Drop box is full, but not our Business account

Highlighted

Personal Drop box is full, but not our Business account

New member | Level 2

I am in my personal account. Its letting me know its full. But it shows i have space. A co worker with a business account has invited me to a folder, but i am unable to see it since my personal account is full. I am confused.. please advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Personal Drop box is full, but not our Business account

Dropboxer

Hi @kmw123, thanks for posting today!

Shared folders do take up quota in your account, so this is what you're experiencing. That article provides more information on what can be done in this instance.

@anonymous, please note that file the deleted files page don't add to your quota.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Not applicable

Hello @kmw123 

Have you made sure that you have deleted any files in the "Deleted Files" https://www.dropbox.com/deleted_files portion of your account? Files in that section of your account count against your storage limit. Also, please note, that any shared files count against your storage limit. For example lets say that the storage/space taken up in your account is 1.95 GB and your account has a storage cap at 2GB. If someone shared with you a file thats .051 GB or more then you won't be able to add it to your account since you don't have enough space to add it. I hope this helps!

----

HeartDid this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @kmw123, thanks for posting today!

Shared folders do take up quota in your account, so this is what you're experiencing. That article provides more information on what can be done in this instance.

@anonymous, please note that file the deleted files page don't add to your quota.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

great it was helpfull solved my issue because i always think that shared folder doesnt take any space

Highlighted

Receiving an error when replying to DropboxForum Posts

Not applicable

Hello! Recently I have been posting to the Dropbox Forum to help other users, but for some reason I received this message: "This reply was marked as spam and has been removed. If you believe this is an error, submit an abuse report,when trying to post a reply. I haven't violated your Community Guidlines so I am a little confused on why I received this message. Could you please investiagte why I received this error and please restore any replies sent? Thanks!

Highlighted

Not applicable

@Jay 

Ok, thanks for the information! I am just learning the in's and out's of Dropbox to help assist people in the Forum better, so thank you for that tip/knowledge. Thanks! 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?