cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Dropbox Merged/ Erased When I Signed into Business Account.

Personal Dropbox Merged/ Erased When I Signed into Business Account.

JanuszWelin
New member | Level 2

Hi folks,

I was sent an invite by an employer to participate in a Business dropbox account. When I signed in, it asked something like:
• Sign in with existing account?
• Create New Account?

(Obviously) I chose to use my existing account. Now all my files are inside this new Business account and all my desktop folkers appear to be nested within this file system as well. (I had a paid account [2T].)

How do I restore my account? And, ideally while keeping all the links the same as they were before the merging. 

This is a major issue because my personal material cannot exist on work related servers because of intelectual property conflicts. 

PS - I would happily pay for Drobpox support to resolve this, but I have no idea how to do that. 

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thank you,
Janusz

1 Reply 1

Re: Personal Dropbox Merged/ Erased When I Signed into Business Account.

Rich
Super User II

@JanuszWelin wrote:

How do I restore my account?

You can't. Because your account was merged into the Business team, your account is technically now owned by the business. You need to ask the team admin to convert your account back to an individual account.

It's very important that the admin doesn't just remove you from the team as doing so would delete your account and all files within it. If that were to happen, the team admin has just seven days to restore your account.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?