cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number for technical support

Phone number for technical support

Angela S.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am having ongoing issues trying to get my Dropbox files to sync with my desktop. I am probably a few months behind on files on my desktop as this computer had to be taken to IT for some repairs. I left it running for more than 24 hours and it's just not working right. I have followed all of the troubleshooting guides online. Does anyone have a phone number so I can actually talk to someone from Dropbox?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

Every Dropbox user can reach our Support team by submitting a ticket support request at www.dropbox.com/support .

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Business and Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Dropbox offers tech support over the phone for Dropbox Business teams on an Advanced or Enterprise plan .

However, for security reasons Dropbox can only provide phone tech support to admins of these teams.

We take security seriously, and work hard to ensure your files and accounts remain safe. This is the reason our phone number is not publically displaye. We require account verification in order to ensure that we're providing support to an authorized admin. This account verification is only available via the admin console.

If you find a Dropbox tech support phone number on a search engine or elsewhere that claims to lead to Dropbox support, it is not affiliated with Dropbox. Dropbox does not offer phone support other than what is described in this article. Be careful to avoid scams or other attempts to capture your account data.

If you have a specific question, please review our Dropbox Community for related solved problems or createt your own thread and we'll glad happy to assist!

Thank you!

Zed
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

75 Replies 75

Tom_H
Super User alumni
Go to solution

Dropbox does not have phone support *, its either here or through the ticket system.

• Phone support is available for business customers whom are paying for business rate plan. No they also do not accept onetime support payments.

You can always explain here and we can try to help you as best as possible. Many of us have gone through the exact same type of things over the years.

Angela S.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thanks for the reply. I will submit a ticket and see what happens:)

Khalid K.6
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi. Can anyone help me please I sent referral requests to my friends to increase my storage they accepted it opened new accounts and downloaded the app via the link yet it's still saying at my end they haven't installed the app and it has not provided me with the extra storage. 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

They MUST install Dropbox on to a unique computer. So if they installed an APP from an APP STORE to a mobile/tablet etc. that does not qualify under the terms of the promotion. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

liora h.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

where can i submit a ticket?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

www.dropbox.com/support to log it and http://dropbox.zendesk.com to track - note that replies will take a few working days. 

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Walt K.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Question about running out of space.  Owner upgrades, paying $99/yr.  File sharing member gets "Your Dropbox is Full" message at login.  Does each file sharing member have to fork out the $99 each, or does that only apply to the owner? 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Does each file sharing member have to fork out the $99 each

Yes - basically. 

Every person within a share needs enough quota to access the share. 

If the share is under the amount of data in their account, however, they wont - e.g. if they've extra space via referrals / promos etc. 

Richard C.81
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I just discovered that a large amount of files were deleted on 8/22/2015.  I tried to open the 'trash can', but it was grayed out.  I looked for the 'and many more' option, but each file is individual - no option to select multiple or all.  I tried to submit a ticket, but was asked for 'deletion event' link, but no luck there either!  I think the issue started when I tried to move space-grubbing files from my samsung android devices to sd cards.  Please advise 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Billie Explorer | Level 4
    kpete Explorer | Level 4
    Zed Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?