cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number for technical support

Phone number for technical support

Angela S.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am having ongoing issues trying to get my Dropbox files to sync with my desktop. I am probably a few months behind on files on my desktop as this computer had to be taken to IT for some repairs. I left it running for more than 24 hours and it's just not working right. I have followed all of the troubleshooting guides online. Does anyone have a phone number so I can actually talk to someone from Dropbox?

75 Replies 75

Laureline
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi Pauline!

Could you tell me if you're a Dropbox for Business customer, or a Pro or a Basic customer?

It's possible that you contacted a phone number that is not Dropbox if you're not a Dropbox for Business customer.

If you wrote to the support (here: https://www.dropbox.com/support) but didn't get a reply in 2 weeks, then I would recommend to check your spam box. As Rich told you, we reply to customers in 3 days 🙂

I'll be more than happy to help you, but again, it would be much better if you could contact support as your problem looks like an advanced one.

@Peggy: Are you still seeing an error 500 when you use a different browser? 

Wizard G.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Spam is being send from our account, to various people, over 16 message to one person in the last 10 min. I need drop box to email me or call me ASAP.

Artashes K.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I had an open file which was saved on dropbox, a minute before my computer ran out of battery. When i charged battery immediately, the file was still open. I tried to close it and get the question "the file 'tables3' has been modified" do you want to save changes?" I clicked no. However, the whole file has disappeared, and is neither in deleted items in dropbox nor in recycle bin on the pc. Appreciate any help

Laureline
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hey 'Wizard' 🙂

You can contact Dropbox here:

https://www.dropbox.com/support

If you are a Dropbox Business customer, you can find a phone number in your admin console.

@Artashes, could you please create a new forum post with your question, as it is not related with the initial one? Thanks a million!

Kimberly P.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am at a loss.  All of my files have disappeared from drop box, although my folders are still there. My files are still on my hard drive though.  When I try to click on tech support nothing shows up.  I think everything is being hidden for some reason.  Can someone please help?  

Robert S.
Super User alumni
Go to solution

Try clearing the browser cache, or a different browser.

Older versions of Safari are no longer able to view the Dropbox website properly. Use another browser.

Kimberly P.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thank you Robert S.  That worked.  

John W.48
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I also sent this message in another Dropbox support area. In November I upgraded to Dropbox Pro. I checked and the $99 charge definitely hit my credit card on 11\16\15. However, the status of my Dropbox account never changed. I am still cutoff at 2GB. I need this fixed ASAP, like today! I would also like an explanation why this happened.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@John:

This is primarily a user supported forum and we're unable to assist with billing related issues. You'll need to open a ticket to get this resolved.

Open your ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Law Firm of Sha
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Our office is having trouble locating most of our files in our shared dropbox. These are sensitive files and cannot be lost. We cannot locate them in three of our computers and need to have this fixed as soon as possible. We have not deleted any of the folders, and yet they seem to have disappeared in most of our computers.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Billie Explorer | Level 4
    kpete Explorer | Level 4
    Zed Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?