cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan downgraded to Basic for nearly 4 years

Highlighted

Plan downgraded to Basic for nearly 4 years

Explorer | Level 3
I already have this ticket, but would like to accelerate a solution to my Plan downgraded to Basic nearly 4 years ago. I'm paying for Plus. Can I hope to have my storage restored rapidly, please? The anomaly occurred when another entity brought me with my email address into their team, but I have been removed now. I will close my account and stop paying if this is not resolved very soon.
Ticket #10549495: Dropbox Plus account not activated
14 Replies 14
Highlighted

Re: Plan downgraded to Basic for nearly 4 years

Dropboxer

Hi @edwardsmay, thanks for messaging the Community!

If your plan downgraded to a Basic plan 4 years ago, then you shouldn’t be paying for Plus.

If you are paying for Plus, did you originally upgrade via the Dropbox site or the mobile app? Do you see any payments here?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

It says "no transactions". So why have I not been contacted during 4 years of your receiving €12 per month from me? It's the same email address [Removed as per Community Guidelines]. It is a standing order through PayPal

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I did it on the site. I hope I have not been victim of a scam. Payment details are shown by PayPal as follows

support@dropbox.com
+44 8553376726
Highlighted

Dropboxer

It sounds like the payment was made on another Dropbox account that you’re not aware of, as there's no record of any transactions on your Dropbox account.

If you have any other email addresses, try signing into Dropbox with them, or resetting the password, to see if you actually upgraded that account. 

If you can’t find any account, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by logging into your account, clicking this support link and providing as many details as possible. 

Keep me posted!

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

OK, you were right. I had another account with david.edwardsmay@gmail.com.

I have logged in and looked at the plan, but here too, it is only Basic.

I still don't understand how you could be collecting the money from me all this time without the slightest alert! And on this separate account I am also invited to upgrade. I suspect this other account will also show 'No transactions', so where is the money going?

Thank you Jay for getting to the bottom of this.

Regards

David

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I checked payments on my iPhone and can confirm that it shows 'No transactions'.

On 7 July 2019 my monthly payment increased from €9.99 to €11.99.

The first payment made from my PayPal account (linked to dem@transmanche.net) was on 6 March 2017. 

I think earlier payments were made by Visa but I'm not certain.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Does the payments page show no transactions there either?

If so, then you could have yet another account you’re not aware of.

As this is related to sensitive billing info, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by logging into your main account, clicking this support link and providing as many details as possible. 

Keep me posted!

Jay

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

OK, now I've got the explanation, but INTERVENTION IS NEEDED BY DROPBOX because I no longer have access to the email address used when I started in 2013. My address then was [Removed as per Community Guidelines], but I have no way of resetting the password on that address, because I HAVE LOST THE DOMAIN NAME. I repeat: human intervention needed to find the funds credited to me at that email address, and transfer to my account as [Removed as per Community Guidelines].

Alternatively, please refund the money collected with no service provided.

Regards

Highlighted

Dropboxer

As mentioned in my previous post, please submit a ticket to the support team directly using the steps provided there while logged into a Dropbox account you normally use. Thanks!

Jay

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?