cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please can't delete my hacked account

Please can't delete my hacked account

ugl97
Explorer | Level 3

I would like to delete my old account. I can't login in it since I forgot my password or someone else HAS CHANGED IT.

Recently the email associated with the dropbox account has been hacked, so I closed it, therefore I CAN'T RESET nor login into my dropbox account.

I can provide personal information of the account but I can't receive any help from the bot. I really need help since I'm afraid that even the dropbox has been hacked

13 Replies 13

Re: Please can't delete my hacked account

Rich
Super User II

@ugl97 wrote:

I can't login in it since I forgot my password or someone else HAS CHANGED IT. Recently the email associated with the dropbox account has been hacked, so I closed it, therefore I CAN'T RESET nor login into my dropbox account.

Unfortunately, without access to the email address it will be impossible to receive the reset information needed to access the Dropbox account. Perhaps you can recreate the email address, just to receive the reset information for Dropbox?

ugl97
Explorer | Level 3
Sadly I can't, it had an expired domain. (@hotmail.it)

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @ugl97,

Did you examine the possibility represented here?

Hope this helps.

ugl97
Explorer | Level 3
I read it, but I can't login even with my mobile phone, since i can't find any valid password

Здравко

If you have a linked application on your mobile phone you don't need any password! 😉 It's authorized already. If you don't have... 😮🙁 That's it.

ugl97
Explorer | Level 3
Still requites me email and password

Здравко

@ugl97 wrote:
Still requites me email and password

What are you doing actually? 🧐 Do you have linked application to your Dropbox account on your phone or tablet or not? 🤔 That's the key point.

ugl97
Explorer | Level 3
At this point i think that i don't. The only thing I know it's that I used to login with this mobile phone on app

Здравко

Usually if you haven't unlink the application in some way, it should be able access your account still (without typing of neither email nor password - since already authorized, application doesn't need them anymore). If you have unlinked the mobile application for some reason, some time ago, ... 🤷

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?