cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please restore my account.

Highlighted

Please restore my account.

Explorer | Level 3

I paid for the drop box on my phone and I am using it on my computer and my phone. But why is it recognized as a new account, not an existing account, as soon as I entered the drop box with a new phone and a new laptop? I want you to restore it, or I want my money back. My google mail is [Removed as per Community Guidelines]

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: Please restore my account.

Dropboxer

Hi @kim han june, thanks for posting on the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about this matter. Which mobile device were you using, was it an Android or iOS device? 

When you upgraded, what account were you signed into at the time on the mobile app? I'd like you to check the email and also look carefully for typos in any of these places:

• On your computer, click on the small Dropbox icon in your menu bar or system tray. Click on the avatar on the top right, then Preferences, and Account.
  • On iOS, open your Dropbox app and tap on 'Account'. On Android, open your Dropbox app, tap on the Menu button, and then tap on 'Settings'.
  • On the Dropbox website, click on your avatar or the face in the top right corner, then click Settings.

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I never made a wrong account. We're using Android now, and it's the same thing on the computer. I'm even coming out of the playstore as a regular payment. I need to restore it quickly. Account is [Removed as per Community Guidelines]

Highlighted

Dropboxer

As this is related to sensitive billing info, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by logging into your account, clicking this support link and providing as much info as possible.

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I can't find it. There is not enough support page to ask for help directly...I would like the manager to check my account directly and resolve it. Not only money, but also my account itself keeps spinning the site.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

If you're having issues with the site, could you try switching browsers to see if this helps? 

Otherwise, use incognito/private browsing mode without any extensions running, clearing your cache and even resetting your browser entirely. Make sure to scroll down the page to choose the option for submitting a help request.

Jay

Highlighted

Please come my orginal account

Explorer | Level 3
I paid for it, but I'm not getting the proper service. I have to pay the money again when I apply for a new service. The most important thing is that the data has disappeared, so I can't work. The emails I have received so far are simply from sites and communities, but there is no article anywhere that can solve my case.I logged in with the same account, but the name was different as the account was initialized and the payment record was on the playstore, but it was a free account.
Highlighted

Re: Please come my orginal account

Dropboxer

Hi again, @kim han june, please could you check if the payment is seen on this page

On your bank statement, does it show Dropbox, iTunes or Google Play from when you upgraded previously?

Please could you try contacting the support team again on this link for them to investigate in more detail. 

If you're not able to submit a help request when you scroll down, even after using anew browser, please let me know.

Jay

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?