cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with login

tompis91
Explorer | Level 3

Hello!

I just wanted to log in to my dropbox account and it said to me that i wrote wrong password etc, so i tried to login to my google account, wich was a hotmail account back when i created that account, now when i tried to login gmail said to me that i need to get a "nickname@gmail.com" so i fixed that and now i cant login to my dropbox account anymore, when itry to login with the gmail nickname (that is connected to the old gmail account that i log in to my drop box with) it says that i need to start a payment plan, like im a new account. hope you can understand my issue 🙂

Most regards

6 Replies 6

Re: Problem with login

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @tompis91; welcome to our Community!

I'm not quite sure what's going wrong there; could you send me a screenshot of the exact error you get?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

tompis91
Explorer | Level 3

I dont really get a error message. The only thing is that google changed my email address, i logged in before with a @hotmail.com account that i had with my google account, now google wanted me to get a nickname@gmail.com, so i did it and i log in with that gmail account and dropbox recognizes me as an new account.

tompis91
Explorer | Level 3

Or how do i cancel subscription when i lost my email account? so i can start a new dropbox subscription and just share my files from my cellphone that im still logged in to my dropbox account?

Rich
Super User II

@tompis91 wrote:

The only thing is that google changed my email address, i logged in before with a @hotmail.com account ...

That doesn't change the email address on your Dropbox account. Have you tried logging in to the Dropbox website with your previous Hotmail address?

tompis91
Explorer | Level 3
Yes i did, and it only says wrong password, and when i want my password back i cant login to my email account, it feels kinda bugged

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @tompis91,

You can use "Connect a computer" feature on your phone, which is still connected to your account. Onece you gain access, change the email to the new one. If needed, reset the password after that. 😉

Hope this helps.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?