cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with payment

Problem with payment

marnonv
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

I was not able to find a support contact so because of this reason i am creating my request here.

currently i do have a basic subscription with has exceeded the 2GB Limit:

marnonv_0-1629908724590.png

when i try to buy the plus subscription i do get a notification from the credit card bank that it's succeeding, but after i get back to the dropbox page (after payment) i get a red message above which is saying payment failed.

marnonv_1-1629908774479.png

I do think this is because untill yesterday this dropbox user was a business account.

What i have done is created a new email address --> invited into the business panel and made the new email admin of the dropbox business --> then i did remove this user from the business so they can just use the personal part. Could it be that dropbox still thinks this user is a business user / who can i contact to check this?

3 Replies 3

Re: Problem with payment

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @marnonv, thanks for posting today!

Could you check if you're a member of a team by visiting this page?

What plan does it say on this page on the account?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

marnonv
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

when i click on the first url https://www.dropbox.com/team it gets redirected towards https://www.dropbox.com/business/upgrade-account?oqa=teampromopage

marnonv_0-1629969371809.png

when i click on the second url https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan

i can see i do have Dropbox Basic currently:

marnonv_1-1629969405855.png

Jay
Dropboxer
As this is related to sensitive billing info, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by logging into your account, clicking this support link, scrolling down to 'Submit a help request', and providing as much info as possible.

Once you get a ticket ID from the automated response, please let me know the number here so I can locate it in our system!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    marnonv Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?