cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Problem with upgrading the account after missed payment

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello folks! Hope ya'll doing alright.

The situation is following: our company missed payment in may due to some financial problems. As the result the account was downgraded to Basic. Now we want to upgrade and pay for the subscription, but face some technical problems.

The problem is following: our business account became personal and an account of our ceo become business account. They were connected before the downgrade. Now when we try to pay, web interface redirects and requires to authentificate under our ceo's account. When we try to switch from personal (which was business) to business account it also requires to authentificate under personal account of our ceo.

Any ideas what should we do and how can we pay for the subscription?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Problem with upgrading the account after missed payment

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Web_Communications, thanks for reaching out to us here!

It sounds like when the team downgraded, it remained as free team, so while the individual accounts are now Basic they remain in this team like structure.

That would mean that the previous admin of the team is still acting as an admin and to re-upgrade to the Business plan this will need to be done through the admin account.

To double check which account that is, you can check out the steps here to find the admin of the team.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Web_Communications, thanks for reaching out to us here!

It sounds like when the team downgraded, it remained as free team, so while the individual accounts are now Basic they remain in this team like structure.

That would mean that the previous admin of the team is still acting as an admin and to re-upgrade to the Business plan this will need to be done through the admin account.

To double check which account that is, you can check out the steps here to find the admin of the team.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thanks it worked!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that @Web_Communications!

If I can help out with anything else, don't hesitate to get back to me here anytime.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

Daphne

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?