cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promise of 50 GB free forever was simply retracted?

Promise of 50 GB free forever was simply retracted?

makterna
New member | Level 2

Several years ago I purchased two Samsung Galaxy Camera. Samsung promised that for each camera, I was entitled to 50 GB free Dropbox storage forever. There was no deadline within which I needed to activate. So far I have only activated the promition from one of the two cameras. Have I been s---w-d on the other one? According to this post, Dropbox will not honor the free Dropbox offer, is that correct?

What happened to the Dropbox Promotion of 50GB? | Samsung New Zealand

Should I be blaming Samsung or Dropbox?

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@makterna wrote:

Several years ago I purchased two Samsung Galaxy Camera. Samsung promised that for each camera, I was entitled to 50 GB free Dropbox storage forever. There was no deadline within which I needed to activate.

You're mistaken on the terms of the promotion. Dropbox has never offered 50GB forever. All bonus space earned with the purchase of a

mobile device has an expiration date, usually from six months to two years, depending on the promotion. Most of the 50GB Samsung promotions were for two years.

Also, such promotions always need to be redeemed while the promotion is still active. Once the promotion ends, unclaimed bonuses cannot be redeemed. In the case of the Samsung promotions, they ended years ago.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?