cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REFUND

hhamilton
Explorer | Level 4

Hi all,

I mistakenly signed up for a Business account that charged me $720.  I downgraded the account but my bank already withdrew the funds.  How do I get a refund and who can I speak to about this?
thanks

11 Replies 11

Re: REFUND

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @hhamilton; welcome to our Community and happy Friday!

Could you please let me know what your account's plan tab shows now and if you've tried contacting our support team at all for further assistance?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

hhamilton
Explorer | Level 4

Hi

The plan now says "Dropbox basic" when I saw the $720 charge  - which ithought was going to be $20/ monthly!), I immeidatyl cancelled nd got a message saying, "YOur Dropbox Business subscription has been cancelled. Your account has been refunded and all taem members have been down graded..."  When do I see the refund in my bank account??? there is no paper trail for me to feel secfure / confident that I ma going to be refunded!

Thanks

Walter
Dropboxer

Oh, I see now. Thanks for the additional info @hhamilton!

Usually refunds take up to 5 business days to be processed; how long has it been since you cancelled? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jaypark
Explorer | Level 4
hello @Walter. I have a exactly same problem with hhamilton. I need your help.

I mistakenly upgraded to business plan, and downgraded it to basic plan immidiately (almost in 5 minutes). Please help me to get refund.

hhamilton
Explorer | Level 4

when you down raded did you get a message stating you would be refunded?  I did get that message and the refund showed up 2 days later.

hhamilton
Explorer | Level 4

it is so frustarting to not get an answer fromm dropbox - their serivce needs to improve.  I cannot begin t imagine the millions they are raking in and yet they have chosen not to set up an easier way to better serve customers - I spent HOURS trying to get basic info and NOBODY would speak directly to me -  Dropbox couls easily have a customer serivce line and better support their customers

jaypark
Explorer | Level 4
i cannot remember whether there is the message that the charge has been refunded. because i was panic so much..

hhamilton
Explorer | Level 4

totally understand - what does your plan show now?  I downgraded mine within 24 hours and the plan shows basic now - does yours? 

jaypark
Explorer | Level 4
yes! now im in basic plan, too.
Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?