cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rat pack function and transferring to business account

Tectonic New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Everyone

Our company is upgrading to dropbox business however the ratback function I have is no longer supported. can you let me know if the file deletion history extends past 120 days so you can recover deleted files from say a few years ago?? or is 120 days the max time ANY files can be recovered/undeleted?

8 Replies 8

Re: Rat pack function and transferring to business account

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Tectonic, thanks for sticking with us for so long! 

Kindly note that if you join the team with the personal account where you’ve added Packrat, your version history will revert to the 120-day recovery window, as the Packrat feature is no longer available & during the transition you’ll acquire the features currently attached to the team

I hope that this helps you clarify matters to a certain extent & please feel free to ping me here if you have more questions or thoughts!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

MCM Designs
Explorer | Level 3

I didn't know this rat pack funtion was changed to 120 days.  I am sorry this was ended because I have lost a great many files - years worth of work.  When they announced the end of this function those who had it were  to be 'grandfathered'.  I never received messages to the contray.  How does one deal with this kind of loss?!  

Dropbox ... what to do?!?!?

MCM Designs

Super User II
Super User II

Grandfathered features are only good for as long you maintain your account. Should you join a business team, you're essentially canceling your personal account and merging into the Business account. Once this has happened, there's no way to regain access to previously granfathered features, such as Pack Rat.

MCM Designs
Explorer | Level 3

I didn't change anything and kept my account active. I have the Professional +unlimited version history plan - or so I thought. Now the plan shows 120 days. If I knew this was going to happen, perhaps I could have prepared. Too many of my files are missing. I was always comfortable with the knowledge that I could recover any lost files. Hmmm! 

MCM Designs
Explorer | Level 3

BTW - thanks for responding! 

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there, @MCM Designs

Have you contacted our support agents for a look? If so, let me know your ticket number, and I’ll check on it for you. 

If you haven’t, let me know, and I’ll have an agent email you at the address associated with your community profile. 

Keep me posted! 

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

MCM Designs
Explorer | Level 3

Please help by with this Dropbox.  I would like to be in direct contact.  Thanks.  

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @MCM Designs , I’ve asked a member of our team to reach out to you via email. Please check for that, and reply to my colleague at your convenience. They’ll take it from there. 

Cheers!

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?