cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivate Deactivated Account

Reactivate Deactivated Account

P P.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I had a pro account (paid thru Oct.) but had to delete the files and deactivate the account. After review, I realized there were some files that I didn't have saved locally. Now I'm trying to find a way to reactivate that account and access the deleted files. I was told to sign up for the account again using the same email address and sign up for a pro account again. Now that I've done that I still can't see any deleted files. Any suggestions?

30 Replies 30

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey emilynielsen

Thanks for getting in touch with us on Community!

Please note that if your password has expired, we can help you with that through our Support channel. Would you mind writing in to us, briefly describing the case and letting me know a ticket ID in your reply, so that I look into it? 

Thank you in advance, looking forward to your reply!

Kind regards, 

JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

yadigar0412
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Ä° am trying to reaktivate my clozed account due inactivity

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

yadigar0412 wrote:
Ä° am trying to reaktivate my clozed account due inactivity

As has been stated numerous times in this thread, you cannot reactivate an account that has been deleted. If it was recently deleted then Dropbox Support may be able to help you recover the content, but the account is likely gone. The only way to know what can be done is to contact Support.

Open your ticket here: https://bit.ly/cm-support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey yadigar0412

Thanks for getting in touch on the Dropbox Community! 

As @Rich mentioned, because your password has expired, you'll need to open a ticket, so that our colleagues have a look at your account and help you with the reactivation. 

Once you do, please let me know a ticket ID in your reply, so that I follow-up on the case. 

Thanks in advance for the time you devote in having this resolved. 

Warm regards, 
Jane

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@Jane - it doesnt mention expired password, it says inactive account (i.e. its been removed as not used for over a year).

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

TeresaK
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

@JaneA- my account has been deactiavted but there was no reason too i thought i was logging in every day to it since i can not reactivate it i would atleast like to recover files from it.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

TeresaK wrote:

my account has been deactiavted but there was no reason too i thought i was logging in every day to it since i can not reactivate it i would atleast like to recover files from it.

The only thing you can do is contact Support for assistance.

Open your ticket here: https://dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Teri331
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Then why would they send you an email that says your account has been deactivated. To reactivate and try to recover your files please contact us at? reactivating-help@dropbox.co

Einaphets
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

No need to respond to this post. It is over 2 years old and was resolved years ago.

Heemakoojy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

[ Email address removed by Jane for Security reasons. Please try to avoid sharing personal information on public Forums in the future. ]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Markus S.7 New member | Level 1
    riri r. New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
    Raquel P.1 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?