cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Frustrated with Drop Box

Highlighted

Ready to Quit Trying with Dropbox

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have been told my Drop Box is full and DB wants me to buy $ an upgrade. I deleted most of what I had in there to free up space but it still says it’s full and to upgrade! It doesn’t recognize my deletions. I also hate companies that leave no way to connect with an employee via email or phone when your problem is unique and not in answer library. Really ready to give up on this company. Just not available to help you directly. There is no good group to choose for my problem even so just picked Team admin. Not a good feeling about this operation.

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Ready to Quit Trying with Dropbox

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @Oakbuck1, thanks for checking in with us and sorry to hear about your frustration. 

In general, your support options depend on the account that you have, and you find yours by going to this link

I'd be more than happy to help out though, I'll just need a bit more info to make sure that we're on the same page. For example:

• Where are you deleting files from? Is it the desktop app, the mobile app, or the website? 
  • What does your Plan tab show? Could you send me a screenshot (without any personal details) of it?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I too am having the same frustration with Dropbox and horrible customer service. 

I have been told my Drop Box is almost full and DB wants me to buy $ an upgrade. I deleted most of what I had in there to free up space but it still says it’s almost full and to upgrade! It doesn’t recognize my deletions.

When I started using Dropbox, I was not aware that you couldnt delete file to "free up space".  I only use Dropbox to transfer files from Laptop to Ipad and then I export to Key notes.  I'm now looking for a better way rather than pay 

Its horrible for companies that leave no way to connect with an employee via email or phone.  Especially when they are asking for money!  Dropbot chat was horrible.  

Also was horrible to be able to post a new discussion...   

Highlighted

So Frustrated with Drop Box

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
I have dug through all of the screens and can’t find a way to email support or call. Caught in the loop that always goes back to the Community help area, that won’t work for my issue. Drop Box keeps telling me that my account is full and I need to upgrade. This is a scam. When I go in and delete 95% of what’s in my box to make room, it keeps warning me that it is full and I need to upgrade. I try and reach out and get nothing back. I am so close to deleting Drop Box all together. Provide actual help DB, at least an email address for support desk! So frustrating. Not useable, plenty of room.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there peeps, thanks for your updates here!

@Oakbuck1, I moved your post here as it seems you posted another new thread. Did you have the chance to check out the questions by Lusil asked you from your first post here?

Can you also check out Lusil's post @terrie1, and let me know what you find regarding those?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?