cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Free Upgrade

Highlighted

Received Free Upgrade

Explorer | Level 3

We recently purchased a new HP laptop and it came with a Dropbox promotion for 25 GB for 1- year. It said to either sign in or create a new account. I signed in obviously and downloaded the software to have dropbox put onto the laptop. When I open my account I still only have 2 GB of space? When can I expect the upgrade?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Received Free Upgrade

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @lyvid1 - I'm not sure about the exact Terms of Use of this promotion (you'd have to check with HP for those) yet I think it applies to new accounts as mentioned on this Help Center article

Also, have you finished the "Get Started" guide when installing for the first time? Did you log into the same account on the desktop app as the one you checked online?

Keep me posted on your findings and we'll take it from there.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @lyvid1 - I'm not sure about the exact Terms of Use of this promotion (you'd have to check with HP for those) yet I think it applies to new accounts as mentioned on this Help Center article

Also, have you finished the "Get Started" guide when installing for the first time? Did you log into the same account on the desktop app as the one you checked online?

Keep me posted on your findings and we'll take it from there.

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem, just purchase an HP laptop, open dropbox for the first time during the setup of the laptop and the app is running on the taskbar but only have 2 GB of space. I went through the getting started and clear everything except installing the app because was already install on the setup of the machine. download it again the still, same deal. the fact is that the 25GB of space offered is not happening. i require your help please.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @RubSuarez - welcome to the Dropbox Community!

I'd be glad to look into this further so please let me know if you'd like me to reach out via email to the address that's connected to your Community's profile.

In the meantime, here are some reasons why you may not be eligible for this offer for promotional space: 

• You're not a new Dropbox user.
  • You're trying to redeem the purchase for a second time.
  • Your device did not come pre-loaded with Dropbox.
  • You bought your device pre-owned or refurbished.
  • Your device is not eligible due to country or retailer exclusions.

In any case, please get back to me here and we'll take it from there. Thank you! 

Walter

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I am having the same issue with a new HP laptop I bought last week. I don't think any of the mentioned reasons above apply in my case. Could you contact me via email so I can give you the serial number of the device or any other information you can look into?

Thank you!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @fzacharatos; happy Monday and welcome to our Community!

If you made sure that none of the reasons I listed above apply in your case, you can log a ticket with our team so we can assist further. 

Let me know the ticket's ID once you do if you like so I can locate it on our system and get on it asap.

Thanks! 

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?