cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommend drop box plan

Highlighted

Recommend drop box plan

Explorer | Level 4

Hello Team,

I have a simple requirement of attaching files directly from dropbox to my backend systems through my web application. To achieve this I have to create and host a dropbox app so that I can use dropbox chooser function. 

Please note that my only requirement is to Host an application which would help me use Dropbox Chooser and maintain redirect URLs for OAuth flow.  I do not want much storage too.  My web application would be used by users in the production system. The end-users should be able to run the OAuth flow. Requesting you to please tell me which and why of the following plans I should go with. 

Dropbox plans.JPG

Thanks and regards,

Arpit

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Recommend drop box plan

Dropboxer

Hi @arpit2011, thanks for messaging the Community!

The Dropbox API can be used on all accounts, so you can even use it on a free plan.

Please note that if the app has more than 50 users, it will need to apply for production approval, or it will be frozen when trying to link any new users.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

@Jay wrote:

Hi @arpit2011, thanks for messaging the Community!

The Dropbox API can be used on all accounts, so you can even use it on a free plan.

Please note that if the app has more than 50 users, it will need to apply for production approval, or it will be frozen when trying to link any new users.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Hi @Jay,

Thanks for responding. I understand that after linking 50 users, the application would need production approval. I have the following questions: 

1. May I know are there any charges associated with production approval?

2. As per the documentation, I saw only 500 users can be linked with an application. What is the procedure the enable more users?

3. Is there a charge to enable more than 500 users? My initial user count is 10,000 and it may be increased with time. 

Request to provide me detailed quotation so that I can present the same to my clients for approval. 

Thanks,

Arpit 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

To directly cut to the chase, no, there's no fee for the production approval of an application you're developing.

Regarding your second query, the 500 users you saw there isn't referring to how many users can link to your application, Arpit. It simply mentions that no matter what the number of your linked users is from 0 to 500 -after reaching the 50 user threshold- you'd still need to apply for production status. 

Once your app is approved for production status, any number of Dropbox users can link to your app.

Let us know if you have any more questions @arpit2011

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?