cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Recover Dropbox account after Dropbox expired password.

Recover Dropbox account after Dropbox expired password.

Afzal2
New member | Level 2

Hi Dropbox Community

I recently upgraded my phone. I had a Dropbox account which was working fine but recently Dropbox expired my password for some reason so I couldn't login, when I tried to recover it, I found out that my email associated with the account was hacked (it was Yahoo mail). I explored other options to recover the account. Then I found out that if I am signed-in into a Dropbox account somewhere, then I could recover it from there but the thing is that I can't recover it because I am not signed-in to any device anymore. The sad thing is that Yahoo Mail does not have any support in my country and I had no phone number associated with it so I can't recover that as well.
I am in despair right now as I had a lot of childhood pictures of my kids in that account and as it was made it 2013, I had a lot of pictures in it. It is my humble request that kindly help me solve this problem. For reference, my email associated with that Dropbox account is <<email removed>>

Thank you!

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II

Without a device logged in or an email I'm afraid there are no recovery options - there is no way to prove you are the owner. 

The only way to do this is to get back in to your Yahoo account

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Afzal2
New member | Level 2

Yes, I acknowledge that but sadly I can not recover that as it was hacked. I know my old Dropbox password (which just expired for some reason), is there someway that I can login to it using that and change the email?

Mark
Super User II

I very much doubt it - they've publicly said no before. 

However you'll need to log a ticket and ask at www.dropbox.com/support. If you get no options use an incognito window and choose the 'Help with account and log in' issues. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Afzal2
New member | Level 2

Sorry, but I can not find any 'submit a ticket' button in this link: www.dropbox.com/support

Afzal2_0-1614428476478.png

Rich
Super User II

@Afzal2 wrote:

Sorry, but I can not find any 'submit a ticket' button in this link

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

That said, @Mark is correct. Without access to the email address (or another linked device) it's unlikely that Dropbox will help you gain access to the account.

Need more support?